My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

FreeTime Not Working

(13 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

Currently having an issue where the EPG on my HDR 1000/1010S will not go back into the FreeTime area. All I get is a box saying "To watch On Demand you need to connect your box to broadband. You'll need a broadband connection of at least 2mb"
    My box is connected to my broadband and on a 20mb connection. I have proved this as I can get to iPlayer selecting channel 901. My Freesat app connects OK from my iPhone, also proving the box has a network connection, however the EPG will not recognise that I am connected when I try to access FreeTime. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 16:43:46 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

What happens when you goto the Home Menu and select the On Demand section? Can you acces any of the players?
    Also what do you see when you go to settings, select system information and then Network info?

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 18:27:47 #2 |
  3. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

riggy69 - 1 hour ago  » 
    Currently having an issue where the EPG on my HDR 1000/1010S will not go back into the FreeTime area. All I get is a box saying "To watch On Demand you need to connect your box to broadband. You'll need a broadband connection of at least 2mb"
    My box is connected to my broadband and on a 20mb connection. I have proved this as I can get to iPlayer selecting channel 901. My Freesat app connects OK from my iPhone, also proving the box has a network connection, however the EPG will not recognise that I am connected when I try to access FreeTime. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks

In settings > system Info - Network
    Has your unit acquired a ip address? [This requires a HHCP service running on your router]

Edit: Gonzo is a little faster

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 18:29:00 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

Gonzo - When I go to Home/On Demand - the service are working OK

Repassac - The unit has acquired its IP address from my router.

But I still have the issue where FreeTime will not appear on the EPG and all I get is the message I described in my opening post.

Thanks

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 20:26:25 #4 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

This isn't something that I'm aware of being reported of happening before.
    So the only thing I can think of advising is to perform a factor default, you won't lose any recordings but you will need to reset any future timers/series links so it's best to note down any you have first.

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 20:41:43 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

How is your unit connected to your router?

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 20:47:43 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

Gonzo - I'll try the factory reset

Repassac - the unit is connected with an Ethernet cable.

Thanks again both

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 21:08:58 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Peter

I've just tried simply powering down the box and then powering up again. After which, the Network Settings info indicated that it was connected to my network with an IP address etc, but FreeTime still wouldn't work in the EPG. I then went into Network Settings and clicked on "Connect Automatically". After that the FreeTime EPG came back. I had been repeatedly selecting the Connect Automatically in Network Settings before the power down routine and before I submitted this post, but without success on FreeTime. So even though the network was showing as active in system settings, it would suggest that it wasn't fully set until I'd done it manually. Very strange!

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 22:40:50 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Peter - The population of the freetime features, showcase and on-demand, is not instant.

| Sun 30 Mar 2014 6:06:58 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

fluffydumpling

Having just purchased a Humax 1TB record I now find myself in exactly the same position outlined above.
    My machine is set up as per instructions and offers a connection of 130Mb accross an Ethernet cable or 78Mb (variable) via WiFi
    Even working through the EPG the setup still falls over
    When I ask to return to earlier programs I am advised "on screen" that I need to make an Internet connection.
    This becomes a loop...
    I have passed this on to Humax C/S and await a reply

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 16:40:43 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.