My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HB 1000S, 1100S

Freetime Remote Record HD Problem

(20 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

bittenbytailfly

Hi,

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I've searched the forums and can't find any results.

I've recently bought the HB100S, and plugged in a 1TB drive - so far so good. All recordings look good and work well, and there's more than enough space for HD recording.

When I remotely set a recording from the mobile app though, even when I specifically choose an HD channel, the app shows "Record Processing" on both the HD and SD version of the channel in the guide, and when it actually does record, it seems to choose the standard definition version over HD. Is this a setting somewhere that I'm missing, or does it always just choose the SD version?

Cheers!

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 10:21:02 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

It's possible it's an issue Freesats end, the best thing to do would be to contact Freesat to get them to look into it.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 13:06:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

bittenbytailfly

I've sent them an email - if I get a response I'll post it on here.

Thanks.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 13:45:06 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Please report back what freesat say. Make sure you specify that it is HD-1000S.
    I am curious I case it may be a limitation on the amount of data that can be passed over a USB2 connection.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 13:47:00 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

bittenbytailfly

Don't think it's a box limitation - it will happily record HD if I do it straight from the guide - it's just the app.

The app says "record processing" on both the SD version of the channel and the HD version of the channel before it's even tried to reach the box.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 13:57:08 #5 |
  6. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you you have an example programme?

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 14:56:01 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bittenbytailfly

Yes - I just tried it. Steps to replicate:

1. Open the Freesat app (I'm using the Android version)
    2. Go to TV guide
    3. Choose any programme on 4HD (e.g. Countdown)
    4. Press 'Record this' and then choose 'Record Episode' - the 'record this' button will become 'record processing' to indicate that it has sent it to the box
    5. Scroll to the same programme on regular channel 4 (i.e. not the HD version), and you'll also see the 'record processing' message.

I suspect that the app sends a signal to record the programme and not the programme on the specified channel. The box then just records the first one it comes to (which in the case of channel 4 is the standard definition version).

I was hoping that there was a setting somewhere that I could apply that said "always record in HD if available" or something - presumably it's a bug in the app and they need to add this, otherwise I'm stuck with low res recordings.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 15:01:36 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

While I do use the app, it is not paired for the frequent boot reason or I would try it with a BBC programme.

Anyone else with a paired unit care to try? I suspect it would be the same on the HDR-10x0S series as well,

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 17:50:14 #8 |
  9. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

It would be a good idea to say what postcode your using too as it could be a regional issue.
    Saying that you could also try a different postcode yourself for a different region on both the app and box to see if you get the same result.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 18:27:49 #9 |
  10. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Against my better judgement, just paired my HB 1000S again to try this.

Set The Simpsons 1800 C4HD to record single episode, and as per OP rec symbol is also on C4 in app guide, however only C4HD episode appears in my planned timers on the unit itself, we shall see what happens.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 18:36:13 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.