My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

getting 'network path not found' suddenly with HDR

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

Until a few days ago I had full interaction between my foxsat hdr and both my laptops and smartphone with Radon's package . For no reason I can see I'm now getting a 'network path not found' error.

The box is working normally, I've made no changes to my network or devices. I tried a soft reboot and rebooting my router but no change. It had been succesfully mapped and accessed through windows explorer and the webif.

Any idea what might be wrong?

| Sat 23 Aug 2014 22:42:53 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You should really ask such questions where they are supported which is over on AV Forums.

I will try and answer your question but you do need a little more detail. Please post the browser url that gave this result or indicate what were you trying to do.

Were you referring to the Foxsat by name or IP. Have you confirmed that the Foxsat IP is still the same (if you use DHCP).

| Sun 24 Aug 2014 7:28:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

Hi - sorry if it's in the wrong place. I came here off the back of a google search for a similar issue but I'll use av forums next time.

the browser url was 192.168.0.2 (entered in the bar at the top)

it's mapped as a network drive as \\FOXSAT-HDR\Media but shown as unavailable

my router software reports 192.168.0.2 as the correct IP address

I've just rebooted my router twice and my laptop and the browser now connects to the webif on 192.168.0.2 but it's still unavailable on the network. I tried remapping it but it doesn't appear as an option when I browse to select a network location.

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 19:03:27 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

merlin777 - 3 minutes ago  » 
    Hi - sorry if it's in the wrong place. I came here off the back of a google search for a similar issue but I'll use av forums next time.
    the browser url was 192.168.0.2 (entered in the bar at the top)
    it's mapped as a network drive as \\FOXSAT-HDR\Media but shown as unavailable
    my router software reports 192.168.0.2 as the correct IP address
    I've just rebooted my router twice and my laptop and the browser now connects to the webif on 192.168.0.2 but it's still unavailable on the network. I tried remapping it but it doesn't appear as an option when I browse to select a network location.

Have you tried accessing via ftp. (Filezilla is free). ?

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 19:07:33 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does webif show samba as running? (required)

| Wed 27 Aug 2014 20:15:21 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

now it says page not available in the browser again when i enter 192.168.0.2 - I checked with my router interface and this ip address is being used but it doesn't recognise it as the humax.

| Thu 28 Aug 2014 0:02:38 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

OK - rebooted router and I have the webif back. It says samba is selected for autostart but status is off. I've changed status to on.

No humax offered on my network yet though.

| Thu 28 Aug 2014 0:30:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

when i reload the status page after switching samba status to 'on' it has been switched to'off' again.

repassac - shall i compile all this a bit more coherently and transfer it to the av forums?

| Thu 28 Aug 2014 1:39:36 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

merlin777 - 4 hours ago  » 
    when i reload the status page after switching samba status to 'on' it has been switched to'off' again.
    repassac - shall i compile all this a bit more coherently and transfer it to the av forums?

You need to loop for the samba log file to see why start up failed.
    This is on /tmp or /opt/tmp/. It is normally a problem with the parameter file (manual edits with non unit editor, etc).

Alternatively remove and reinstall samba. You will then need to review your workgroup settings.

This is from memory as I no longer have my Foxsat - so hopefully it is still current.

| Thu 28 Aug 2014 6:25:44 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

merlin777

i think reinstallation sounds simplest. Can i do that with the remote if i can't access the webif?

| Thu 28 Aug 2014 11:04:11 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.