My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HD FOX T2

Guide to Connecting External Drive

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyPandy123

Hi All,

I'm certain that this must have been asked numerous times, and the information is probably easily available, however, despite spending a great deal of time trawling through website after website, I still don't feel that I have found exactly what I'm after.

Basically, I'm trying to find out what I need in order to attach an external drive to my newly purchased HD-FOX T2, to allow me to record programmes - and also, how I go about doing it.

I'm not too bad with TVs/Computers etc, but am a nube to this device, and to manually adding hard-drives to Freeview boxes in order to record tv.

So - to summarise, could someone help me out with the following please (or point me in the direction of where I can find out the information myself)?:

- Do I need a particular type of hard drive?

- How do I upgrade to the correct software (and determine what software my HD-Fox T2 currently has?)

- Do I need to alter any settings on the HD-Fox T2 once I've attached the hard-drive in order for it to record correctly?

Many thanks indeed for any help you can provide,

Andy

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 12:09:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Much of it fairly self exlanatory

Firstly the firmware use Settings System System Information

Sofware version should KZTFT 1.02.20. If its not you need a usb pen drive.

Visit here for the update and instructions

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/support/downloadcenter_model.aspx?category_seq=181

You need a usb drive preferably one with an external power supply. A 500GB or 1TB one is a good choice. A usb powered one may not work without providing additional power.

The following steps are required after connecting the drive to the HD FOX T2

In Menu Settings Data Storage

Select Format Storage and let the box format the drive.

After the format choose the select the HDD for PVR option and select the drive you have just formatted.

Assuming you also want to use live pause etc there is one last step

Menu Settings Preferences Recording Time Shift Recording ON

After this you set recordings from the epg using the OK button the same as the HDT FOX T2 although of course you can only record one programme at a time.

You can however watch a programme in the same mux as the one you are recording.

Example You can record any HD channel and view any other at the same time.

Good Luck and welcome to the forum

| Tue 13 Sep 2011 13:26:39 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyPandy123

Hi Graham,

Thank you very much indeed, this is invaluable information.

As soon as the new External Drive arrives (which will come with an external power supply), I shall hook it up and follow your instructions.

Many thanks once again for all your help,

Andy

| Wed 14 Sep 2011 17:07:07 #3 |
  4. aldaweb

aldaweb

administrator

Thanks for the clear explanation Graham.
    I've now added a FAQ item "Guide to Connecting External DriveTo HD Fox T2" linking back to your post.

| Fri 16 Sep 2011 20:35:47 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sabrina Pearson

hi I have 2 Humax HDR-1003S satelite boxes, one in bedroom the other in lounge room.
    The one in lounge I tried to copy the tv progams that I had recorded to a Toshibia portable HD and consequently I reformatted when asked and from there on I have not been able to record any programs.
    If I go to record it keeps telling me to reformat the HD, then it won't let me move from portable hard drive, it keeps asking me to format the hard drive which in not connected.
    I am of the opinion that I may have to reformat portable HD to FAT 32, correct me if I'm wrong.
    I would like to playback on my SPHERE tv in caravan, or at worst on my lap top or do I have to take the Humax box.

I am in no way techno savvy, your talking to the dummy.

So can you please give me step by step instructions

Do I need a particular type of hard drive?

- How do I upgrade to the correct software (and determine what software my HUMAX HDR-1003S currently has?)

- Do I need to alter any settings on the HUMAX HDR-1003 once I've attached the hard-drive in order for it to record correctly?

Thanks to Andy previous person to ask similar question

| Thu 12 May 2022 8:05:56 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

I am afraid there isn't much knowledge on the HDR-1003S in this forum. Where in the world do you live? Also you have posted about a satellite box in a terrestrial section of the forum which reduces the possibilities of the people with the knowledge of the nearest equivalent UK satellite boxes seeing your post. Admin please could you move he post please to a more appropriate forum section.

| Fri 13 May 2022 16:01:18 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

bogbody

Oz?, Down Under?, Australia??

HDR-1003S is a country specific satilite reciever (Australia VAST system) in a box that looks like a DTR1000/DTR2000.
    Not released in the uk so I doubt we know much about it??

A quick Google of the part number will reveal all......

| Fri 13 May 2022 21:30:51 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

bogbody - 2 mins ago  » 
    Oz?, Down Under?, Australia??
    HDR-1003S is a country specific satilite reciever (Australia VAST system) in a box that looks like a DTR1000/DTR2000.
    Not released in the uk so I doubt we know much about it??
    A quick Google of the part number will reveal all......

Its menu systems and functions are far more similar to an HDR-2000T/1800T than a DTR.

| Fri 13 May 2022 21:33:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Sabrina Pearson - 1 day ago  » 
    If I go to record it keeps telling me to reformat the HD, then it won't let me move from portable hard drive, it keeps asking me to format the hard drive which in not connected.

Have you tried totally powering it down and switching the electric supply off, and then restarting?
    It may then forget that it is attempting to copy, which would be good as it appears to continue to repeatedly try to action the copy.

- How do I upgrade to the correct software

https://au.humaxdigital.com/support/?category_id=13&product_id=2664&curr_page=sw_release

- How do I upgrade to the correct software (and determine what software my HUMAX HDR-1003S currently has?)

On a working HDR-1003S
    press the MENU button and go to Settings>System>System Information

| Fri 13 May 2022 21:43:24 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.