My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000S can I use humax remote to turn tv on

(31 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Miketurner201

Hi,
    I have two remotes, one for the Humax and one to turn the tv on (Samsung tv)
    I have heard that it may be possible to program the Humax remote to turn the tv on, thereby doing away with the Samsung remote completely.

Does anyone know if thats possible ? Its normally done by adding a Samsung remote code to the Humax system via the Humax remote ? My existing Humax remote has TV on one of the buttons.

Its the Humax HDR 1000S and a Samsung tv.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 22:49:40 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

You also have a STB button? If so then yes and the instructions and code list are at the end on the manual booklet that came with it. (+ I think in the FAQ section).

| Wed 7 Jan 2015 9:05:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodney

When you say STB button, do you mean on the Humax remote or the TV remote?

| Thu 8 Jan 2015 22:34:51 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Humax remote.

| Fri 9 Jan 2015 0:28:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodney

Thanks Barry. I haven't an STB button my remote (108U) but I guess the TV/AV button is the one

I have a Panasonic TV TX-L47E5B - would anyone know what code I need to input into the Humax remote please?

| Fri 9 Jan 2015 10:55:09 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rodney - 16 minutes ago  » 
    Thanks Barry. I haven't an STB button my remote (108U) but I guess the TV/AV button is the one
    I have a Panasonic TV TX-L47E5B - would anyone know what code I need to input into the Humax remote please?

The remote with the TV/AV button is the original one. It can't control your TV.

| Fri 9 Jan 2015 11:12:13 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodney

Is there an alternative Hmax remote that will control the TV?

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:13:48 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

rodney - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Is there an alternative Hmax remote that will control the TV?

https://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/Direct/Prod/a4bdb2b8-95f7-46de-a7ae-462f52559903

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:22:28 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

rodney

That's exactly the one I have. So I'm still uncertain whether or not it will control the TV?

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:31:47 #9 |
  10. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rodney - 5 minutes ago  » 
    That's exactly the one I have. So I'm still uncertain whether or not it will control the TV?

It looks the same, but yours has the top middle button labelled TV/AV, that is the original single device multi channel (can independently control up to 6 Humax boxes in the same room) but not a TV. Later models of the HB1000S came with a new remote (the button I believe is marked TV), and from posts appear to now being provided with the HDR models. If you had the new remote I imagine the box will come with instructions how to set up TV control. This remote has the six channels but is now dual device PVR/TV.

If you look closely the button under the centre OK group is different to yours.

Earlier remotes had 4 buttons PVR TV DVD and AUDIO, one of these will control your box but lacks some of the shortcut buttons found on the remote designed for freetime boxes.

| Sat 10 Jan 2015 14:41:59 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.