My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000S-G Freezing and mystery panel icon

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Habbiner

This is my first post so I apologise if this issue has been mentioned before. I have trawled the forums but didn't find this specific issue.
    I bought a Grade A HDR-1000S-G and its been running fine for a few months. Over the past couple of weeks the system has frozen, usually when using the tv guide. The remote control wouldn't function and the buttons on the box itself were also unresponsive. I could hear the disc spinning but I also noticed an icon on the box panel that I hadn't seen before. It was a red light which looked like either a clock or a timer. Nothing was recording, I wasn't watching any recordings just normal Freesat channels. I've had to turn the unit off at the wall. When I've turned it back on again the remote was working again but for a few minutes the red icon still appeared on the front panel then just disappeared.
    What does this icon mean and is it linked to the unit freezing? Any advice gratefully received.

| Fri 13 Feb 2015 22:18:05 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

I would start by carrying out a factory reset, see if that improves matters - make a note of your timers as you will have to reschedule them. If the freezing continues call Humax Support to log the issue.

As for the icon, I would have guessed that it indicates timers are scheduled, but as you have also seen it disappear after a while?

| Sat 14 Feb 2015 8:27:52 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Habbiner

Many thanks Barry.

The factory reset was going to be my next step but I just wasn't sure what the red icon represented and if it was relevant to the unit freezing. There were no recordings scheduled for at least two days so not sure what the icon meant. It just seemed odd that it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

| Sat 14 Feb 2015 9:13:32 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.