My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s Keeps rebooting.

(343 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

See the last paragraph of my posting. I did of course mean Freesat channels (I have too many pvrs )

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 16:41:27 #21 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 
    See the last paragraph of my posting. I did of course mean Freesat channels (I have too many pvrs )

Ok, thanks for that Graham, it will be very handy storing files on the internal hard-drive because it has a much bigger capacity.

By the way, fingers crossed, it has been on all day today and not had a hissy fit yet

| Sat 14 Dec 2013 17:49:45 #22 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

mckinnell

Hi,

Well, i seem to be joining the re boot group!!!, had this HDR1000s from Argos mid last week and, the wife and i, have up to now, counted 3 times it going to re boot, not happy about this, read the above idea`s on sorting it out but, WHY is this happening???, really need to know so as to understand the solution and how it affects a cure for said problem!!!!.

Also, how can you get rid of watched programs, as, it says that it will let you know when your HDD is nearly full; most other devices with HDD give you the option of deleting watched programs, this unit seems to not allow this, can`t find anything in the menu/info on this either................Thanks

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 15:26:18 #23 |
  4. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

mckinnell - 25 minutes ago  » 
    Also, how can you get rid of watched programs, as, it says that it will let you know when your HDD is nearly full; most other devices with HDD give you the option of deleting watched programs, this unit seems to not allow this, can`t find anything in the menu/info on this either................Thanks

Press OK on highlighted program in the recordings list and select 'Delete Episode', there is also a 'Delete Series' option too so you may wish to keep an eye on that just in case you select the wrong one.

As for the rebooting issue, there is a new software update on the horizon so hopefully all being good it will fix this issue.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 15:53:25 #24 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

mckinnell

Gonzo,

Many thanks for the advice, found the delete AOK......

Regards..........

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 19:41:37 #25 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

mckinnell - 4 hours ago  » 
    Hi,
    Well, i seem to be joining the re boot group!!!, had this HDR1000s from Argos mid last week and, the wife and i, have up to now, counted 3 times it going to re boot, not happy about this, read the above idea`s on sorting it out but, WHY is this happening???, really need to know so as to understand the solution and how it affects a cure for said problem!!!!.

Welcome to the club It looks there are three of us now. I have tried everything now and cant find a solution. There is only one other thing I can think of and that is the power pack, because it acts just as if there has been a momentarily power cut. Like gonzo I am willing to wait and see what the upgrade will bring as long as it does not get any worse. At the moment my box does it once every two or three days.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 20:03:17 #26 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

mckinnell

Hi Teb5,

THAT, is rather strange as, ours is working on that cycle of 3 days, as long as the up date is not going to take over 30days as, thats the period of taking it back as faulty, which as such, it is proving to be such!!!!.....

All the best mate...........Tom.

| Sun 15 Dec 2013 23:58:31 #27 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

Hi Tom,

The 30 day period is really in place if you decide to exchange the box or just simply change your mind and want a refund. The standard manufacturers guarantee is 12 months although with Humax you are able to extend that even further I believe by registering on-line. If the product should prove faulty 3 months down the line then you can still take it back to where it was purchased, they are obliged to exchange it or arrange a repair. With most big department stores and supermarkets they will have a dedicated helpline and you should be given that number at point of purchase. I had a TV that was purchased from a large supermarket and it packed up after 6 months, I phoned there helpline and they arranged delivery of a new TV and took the old one away. With large stores you will not often have to deal with the manufacture as a result of a complaint during the guarantee period. Ultimately your contract of purchase is with the store and they are bound by the "fit for purpose" law.

This is my third day without noticing a reboot So I expect I will experience one today. although unless you are watching it you would never know, as it reboots straight back to the same channel it was on. It is just like a naughty little boy who pinches his sister while mums back is turned My box will normally do it mid afternoons, so for me it is no big deal as I tend not to be recording at that time of day, but if you are recording it will cancel the recording as it reboots and leave you with just a portion of the recoding as unfortunately it WONT resume recording on reboot.

Overall the Humax box is a great product and there is not really anything else out there you can compare it with. The "fault" is not really giving me major issues at the moment, so for these reasons I have decided to hang on and see if Humax bring out an upgrade fix. Like you we have just purchased ours and if you look at the problems some are experiencing then I suppose we are fortunate, although no fault is an acceptable fault. Ultimately I have found anything that is software dependent can suffer this type of problem, my android phone just reboots itself randomly about every six weeks!

| Mon 16 Dec 2013 10:01:48 #28 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Is your box connected to your home network ? If so can you try disconnecting it for a while. It's possible that you could be running some streaming software that is causing the rebooting. For instance the HDR FOX T2 reboots if media share is on and a PC on the network is running some versions of the Twonky DLNA media server.

| Mon 16 Dec 2013 11:51:53 #29 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Teb5

grahamlthompson - 6 hours ago  » 
    Is your box connected to your home network ? If so can you try disconnecting it for a while. It's possible that you could be running some streaming software that is causing the rebooting. For instance the HDR FOX T2 reboots if media share is on and a PC on the network is running some versions of the Twonky DLNA media server.

Hi Graham.

Well I cant speak for others but no, my box is only connected to my television.

| Mon 16 Dec 2013 18:42:59 #30 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.