My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR 1000s No signal

(5 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem

Hi I purchased the HDR 1000s the day it was released and when setting it up got the message no signal after checking all the connections it finally worked. But I soon found it was missing recordings and when I checked the settings found there was no satellite signal on number 2 this was an intermittent fault so I contacted Humax who told me that they new about the problem and it would be fixed in about a week with a new software update that was four weeks ago. I thought that I would post this as I have not seen it on the forum and it is a problem for anyone wanting to record a show and watch another because it is intermittent it will work one minute and not the next so be careful if you want to record two program's at the same time.
    Having spoken to Humax support the morning I found them to be totally useless. I would be interested to know if anyone knows when this update is comings or if they have the same problem I was told it affects all of the HDR 1000s

Regards
    Clem

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 15:01:38 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. The box only shows a signal strength from tuner 2 if it's actually in use. The key is that at the bottom of the diafnostics display it says two cables found.

Try this start a recording on BBC-HD, start a second on BBC1-HD, now tune to a selection of other channels and press pause. If you can live pause any third channel while recording the two BBC channels there's nothing wrong. If you can't, switch the inputs and do a factory reset, check to see that two cables have been found.

| Fri 30 Nov 2012 15:13:11 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

skldenton

I found this out as well, if you record itv, watch bbc, then check you will see a signal on both inputs

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 7:07:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clem

Hi thanks for your reply.
    I tried your suggestion and when you pause the third channel it comes up with a recording message I have toyed shopping the cable and resetting but this has made no difference . It was humax support who said that there is a problem with software but any other ideas are welcome as I don't think they will do anything before Christmas

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 10:37:21 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

There's no software problems that I know of that stop the box working with two tuners. Can you record one of the BBC-HD channels and say ITV1-HD ?

| Sat 1 Dec 2012 13:50:39 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.