My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR-1000s WIFI connection error

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

albertboffin

I'm having a rather irritating issue when attempting to connect a HDR-1000s via wifi.
    It worked on a talktalk router but the signal was rubbish so I upgraded to a TP-Link TD-W8960N for more range and better signal. I was then unable to connect through the dongle via any authentication WEP, WPA or WPA2 (personal). I tried a different router, an Asus DSL-N10, however this has the same issues, although when there is no password set (open network) the dongle and HDR-1000s box will connect. As soon as I put any kind of password on the network it will not connect. The SSID is being broadcast as well.
    I can't find an answer anywhere for this on any forum, and everyone who has asked has just been told 'buy homeplugs and connect via a cable' I do not want to do this due to both the expense and because this did/does connect unless I have a password on it.
    Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm willing to try almost anything barring an exorcism or voodoo.
    Thanks
    A

| Fri 12 Jul 2013 22:34:51 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi welcome to the forum. Have you tried a password with no embedded spaces and/or non asci characters ?

| Sat 13 Jul 2013 10:01:10 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.