My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000t and Fox t2 Network sharing

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ali

Hi there. I need some help with networking a hdr fox t2 and hdr 2000t!

What I want to do is to be able to view files recorded on one humax box on the other one. I have the 2000t in the lounge and the fox t2 in the bedroom. At the moment we've been recording the same programs to each box but I've read that I should be able to share records between them.

I have them both connected via powerline adapters. When I do go media>storage>network on either box I can see my main PC and also my NAS box but I don't see the other humax box.
    When I look on my PC I see both devices listed as media devices under Networking.

1. Should I be able to see and select recordings to play on each box? or am I doing something wrong!

2. When on my PC I can see both boxes but can only play files from the HDR 2000t (via WMP) but not from HDR fox t2. Is this because they encode differently?

thanks
    A.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 11:34:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Have you turned on content sharing on the HDR FOX T2 ?

Menu - Settings - System - Internet Setting - Content Share - ON.

Afaik the HDR2000T lacks the DTCP-IP capability the HDR FOX T2 has. As a result you won't be able to stream HD encrypted recordings.

Welcome to the forum.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 12:15:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Ali

Hi Graham. Thanks for the welcome

I've checked both boxes and they both have content share ON

That's annoying with not being able to stream HD content. Is that only from the hdr 2000t? i.e. if I have HD records on Fox t2 can I watch on 2000t but not the otherway around?
    (assuming I can get them to even see each other!)

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 13:11:59 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.