My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T HDD and Timeshift problems

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

I purchased the HDR 2000T (1TB version) in February 2015.

I have experienced an intermittent problem in which when I try to access stored recordings via pressing Menu and selecting Video, the system goes back to broadcast TV and I can't access programmes stored on the HDD. When this happens I also note that watching programmes in time shift (aka chase play mode) does not work either. Switching on and off has previously corrected the problem but today multiple attempts to reset via switching on and off failed to correct the problem. I only gained access to the HDD drive when a scheduled recording commenced whereupon I could use Menu-Video and access the contents of the HDD.

Any help would be appreciated.

OTA software was updated successfully on 26 March 2015 to version UKTFAC 1.01.13.

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 19:07:50 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Scott McC - 3 hours ago  » 
    I have experienced an intermittent problem in which when I try to access stored recordings via pressing Menu and selecting Video, the system goes back to broadcast TV and I can't access programmes stored on the HDD.

There has been one report of a somewhat similar problem See http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/disk-disappears-after-power-cut In that case the user reported a reset to default settings fixed the problem. Perhaps the first thing to try.

| Mon 6 Apr 2015 22:26:00 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

What happens when you access your recordings by the accepted method i.e. the Media button?

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 14:58:37 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Martin Liddle - 22 hours ago

There has been one report of a somewhat similar problem See http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/disk-disappears-after-power-cut In that case the user reported a reset to default settings fixed the problem. Perhaps the first thing to try.

Martin

Many thanks for this. I will try resetting to default as the problem described at the link is identical to what I've been experiencing. FYI the problem happened earlier today although I was able to access the drive by putting the box in and out of standby. Very annoying though and not something I want to live with. I take it by resetting to default I will have to go through the entire set-up routine I had to go through when I plugged in for the first time but importantly, won't loose recordings on the HDD.

Regards

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 20:55:08 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

Faust - 5 hours ago

What happens when you access your recordings by the accepted method i.e. the Media button?

Thanks for your message. When I try Media I also can't access the HDD drive when it's in this state.

In both cases, when I can't access the HDD I get a "no-entry type symbol" when I try to rewind broadcast TV (i.e. time shift also seems to be unresponsive). I'll try going through the reset to default as suggested by Martin and see how that goes.

Regards

| Tue 7 Apr 2015 21:01:09 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Scott McC

I reset the unit to default settings on Wednesday and so far so good, the problem's I reported have not come back. A bit early to say it's "cured" but it looks very promising.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Regards

| Fri 10 Apr 2015 22:53:40 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.