My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

geoffers - 3 hours ago  » 
    Appreciate all that, but this wasn't the case with my previous 9200T - switching between optical and coax output from the humax didn't require any change to the volume setting on the home cinema
    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

only

The 9200T was SD only. . The HD channels use aac audio which is output as Dolby Digital audio which is output from the digital audio outputs (unless you turn off surround in the setup menus) and gets downconverted to analogue audio for the analogue outputs. SD channels have lpcm stereo audio. The box volume control only affects the lpcm output, so by adjusting the box volume you should be able to match the two outputs.

| Sat 17 Jan 2015 13:04:47 #111 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

soverson

First time post here, so please be gentle!
    I've got a Samsung TV (model UE37C6500) which is also now exhibiting the HDMI handshake problems - loss of sound now almost every other day, and yesterday I got the dreaded green screen every time the box was powered on. The only way to reset this latter problem was to disconnect power completely. The sound issue can be rectified either by disconnecting the power or by re-booting with power saving enabled (provided no scheduled recordings are imminent).
    Don't really want to return the unit (it's about a year old now) as until this point it's been OK, so am hoping that Humax will get this sorted sooner rather than later. I've had the new firmware on since shortly after it was released last October and it was fine until recently.
    Thanks guys.

| Sat 17 Jan 2015 21:40:50 #112 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 

The 9200T was SD only. . The HD channels use aac audio which is output as Dolby Digital audio which is output from the digital audio outputs (unless you turn off surround in the setup menus) and gets downconverted to analogue audio for the analogue outputs. SD channels have lpcm stereo audio. The box volume control only affects the lpcm output, so by adjusting the box volume you should be able to match the two outputs.

SD channels audio is broadcast as MP2 not lpcm, it is converted to lpcm for digital output and to go through DACs for analogue output.

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 14:54:39 #113 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Owen Smith - 24 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 2 days ago  » 

SD channels audio is broadcast as MP2 not lpcm, it is converted to lpcm for digital output and to go through DACs for analogue output.

I know, what comes out of the digital outputs is lpcm. The audio codec used for transmission has no relevance to the OP's question.

| Mon 19 Jan 2015 15:20:48 #114 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.