My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR 2000T - New software 1.01.06

(114 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Marvin - 46 minutes ago  » 
    it became apparent that "standby" is no longer anything of the sort. It appears that in order to enable pass-through, the entire box is kept on and made to look like it's in standby by just the cutting the output signal and switching the LED to red.

If standby is attempted when there is less than 40 minutes to go then the HDR-2000T will only cut the output signal (but keep the HDMI connection) and turn the LED to the dimmer red version.

If the next scheduled recording is more than 40 minutes away then it will also cut power to the USB ports.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:02:25 #71 |
  2. Marvin

Marvin

Martin Liddle - 30 minutes ago  » 
    How long did you leave it in standby before attempting to take it out of standby?

Ended up waiting 20 mins or so. But then as soon as I re-enabled low power standby, it powered down right away. Nothing was scheduled for today

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 19:11:35 #72 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoff

The usb update seemed to work ok for me, but now I get problems of the box sometimes not sending sound to the tv for live programs. I can only cure it by unplugging the box - not something you want to do if it's recording!
    If the program being watched (no sound) is also being recorded, the recording plays back ok complete with sound.
    Any solutions established?
    The tv is a Sony

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 10:22:03 #73 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

I've lost sound occasionally (also a Sony TV, in case it's relevant), but it recovers when I switch channels.

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 10:34:24 #74 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoff

changing channels, or going in/out of standby, has no effect for me

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 11:06:16 #75 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoff

After reading some other topics, I tried removing and replacing the hdmi lead. This had no immediate effect, but then going in/out of standby DID bring the sound back. Now, with the humax on, turning the tv off then on loses the sound, but taking the box in/out of standby brings it back. I can't then rewind if I missed the start of a program.

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 12:05:18 #76 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

Geogg - my experience with the loss of sound before the update was similar to yours, the only way to fix it was to fully power down the Humax, if it was recording at the time it would not actually fully power down, so the sound could not be retrieved until there was nothing recording.
    I eventually solved the issue by buying an AV amp and running through that (I bought the amp to get better sound than from the TV, not just to fix this issue), the problem has still happened a couple of times in the last 9 months, but that is no where near the amount of times as when it was plugged directly to the Sharp TV.
    I like the Humax unit for the most part, however I would not recommend it to others because of this sound issue which I feel is an HDMI issue that Humax are not interested in fixing.
    My advice to you would be to take it back and get a full refund, a bit pessimistic but if enough people did it maybe they would fix the issue.

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 12:39:49 #77 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

geoff

I didn't have the loss of sound problem on the old software, only since loading the new.
    Is there any way to go back to the old?

| Mon 20 Oct 2014 13:55:10 #78 |
  9. Marvin

Marvin

ghb1 - 22 hours ago  » 
    I didn't have the loss of sound problem on the old software, only since loading the new.
    Is there any way to go back to the old?

I had the sound problem as soon as I disabled 'low power standby' to enable aerial passthough in standby - but not had it since I enabled low power standby again - give that a go.

Of course you need to go back to dedicated aerial feed again.

| Tue 21 Oct 2014 12:24:16 #79 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

raichea

In case it's of interest - I asked Humax some time ago about the recent update and problems with receiving it via the Internet. I've just had a reply:

"Thank you for contacting Humax Support. The update will be broadcast over the air in a few weeks. Your HDR will automatically update itself then."

| Wed 22 Oct 2014 12:49:09 #80 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.