My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR FOX T2 Pause and rewind live tv problems

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

JSkip

I know a few people have posted about this recently but I can no longer pause or rewind tv on my HDR Fox T2 box. I've tried deleting some programmes to free up space and it has had no effect.

I believe some people have seen results from reformatting the hard drive but I really don't want to lose the remaining programmes as they do keep my little boy happy.

I'm not very technical but any help/suggestions would be gratefully received.

| Sat 1 Feb 2014 23:47:34 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

You could copy the recordings off to an external HDD, and then reformat.

| Sun 2 Feb 2014 0:55:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

The alternative to what Barry has suggested is to install the Custom Firmware which includes a very effective tool for fixing hard drive issues such as this called fix-disk.

| Sun 2 Feb 2014 2:12:11 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JSkip

Thank you for the warm welcome Barry. I'm not very technical so how would I go about doing that? Also what size HDD would you recommend as I will need to buy one.

Also thank you Martin, again could you explain how I do this?

Sorry for asking so many questions but the box has worked fine for the last 18 months so I haven't had to learn how to do anything to date.

Julie

| Sun 2 Feb 2014 8:52:01 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

JSkip - 2 hours ago  » 
    Also thank you Martin, again could you explain how I do this?

You need to install the Custom Firmware; your starting point is probably Link to hummy.tv Wiki. Once installed you need to run fix-disk; instructions are at Link to instructions on running fix-disk. You will probably need more help but it isn't actually very difficult and it will preserve your recordings (as far as possible). Better the diagnostic capability built into the Custom Firmware will allow us to offer an opinion on the health of the hard drive. Best of all it costs nothing; just your time and effort in learning.

Sorry for asking so many questions

Forums wouldn't exist if people didn't ask questions.

| Sun 2 Feb 2014 11:42:58 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Julie - notwithstanding Martin's post re custom firmware.

Need to know whether recordings you would like to save are SD or HD, and a rough idea of how many/size.

There is another option as well, if your box is connected to your network, ie can you use the portal for BBC iplayer for instance.

| Sun 2 Feb 2014 12:11:51 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If the OP has say a 500GB model. Look at the Free storage displayed in media list. Subtract this from the hard disk size.

Eg

My 500GB model has 260GB free, therefore approx. size of all recordings is 500-260 = 240GB. A 300GB usb drive will be large enough to hold them all. The Custom Firmware will let you copy them directly to a PC without using usb at all.

To be more accurate the 500GB model has 447.6GB of free storage so 447.6 - 260 = 187.6GB (so 300GB drive which will be smaller when formatted will be more than adequate)

| Sun 2 Feb 2014 14:13:23 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

850ASH

I know this is an old feed on this problem with the HUMAX HDR FOX T2. I am still using this model and recently had problems with it not allowing me to pause or rewind live tv. I tried many ways to make it operate correctly, I finally cured the problem by switching the unit off and switching the power off at the wall. After powering it back up after 5 minutes it restored all operations, pause rewind and fast forward etc (it may even overcome recorded programmes not playing or recording). Hopefully this may be of use to someone who is still using this model.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 16:50:54 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Cured may be a bit premature. The timeslip buffer is quite large and may have some corruption at some point, if so it will reoccur when you reach it, watching HD of course would reach it quicker.

If it reoccurs the custom firmware or a disk format would solve it unless it is a disk surface problem.

| Sun 28 Oct 2018 17:07:52 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.