My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 reboots when I play youtube videos

(25 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

MuggeMax

I have same problem. I have the HD-FoxT2 and my Youtube has not been working for about 2 weeks now. Any clip I open simply reboots the Humax every time. Any suggestions on how to fix this? It's one of the reasons I bought the HD-T2 in the first place - to be able to watch YouTube clips on television.

| Mon 23 Sep 2013 19:27:26 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxAndYouTube

Hi All,
    I emailed humax customer support about this on Saturday and received this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Humax Support.

I am sorry for the trouble you have had. We are aware of this issue and are currently working on a fix with Youtube to resolve this issue.

We hope to resolve this as soon as possible.

Best Regards,

Stephen M

Humax Customer Support"

Still not working on my box but looks like they are working on it.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 1:00:58 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

HumaxAndYouTube

I should mention my box is the HD-FoxT2. But I think the above reply I got from humax may also apply to the HDR-FoxT2.

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 1:07:10 #13 |
  4. athomson

athomson

special member

So we need to wait, it sounds like YouTube have changed something and Humax have been cought out. Just out of interest does the new firmware 1.03.06 that we cant upgrade to solve this issue? Could a new version turn up to solve this issue i wonder?

Andy

| Tue 24 Sep 2013 11:18:07 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

I have left if a couple of weeks and dissappointed to find it is still the same, 1st video I tried = a reboot. I never understood the codec thing with Youtube, surely when you upload a video it saves it at their end in a single format of their choice? (I have never tried to upload so not familiar with the process

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 22:08:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Keebs,

my understanding is that youtube have changed stuff their end which has broken youtube on your/my box, Humax are shipping new boxes with 1.03.06 firmware, afaik, that does work with youtube and better iplayer; however this version hasn't been released yet as an update as there are other problems, the main one being very slow EPG and there may be other problems, but no pro-active information as yet forthcoming from Humax as usual.

I assume Humax are working on a new new firmware, if they release the 1.03.06 as is, then that would affect the core funtionality of the box and I'm guessing more people out there would be worried about slow EPG and possibly other problems than youtube. I'm guessing most people out there don't have their FoxT2 connected to the network so are completely oblivious to any youtube/streaming issues.

What would make sense would be to put the 1.03.06 on the beta site for people to test, assuming they can downgrade if necessary. Maybe somebody from Humax could comment.

| Tue 8 Oct 2013 23:26:37 #16 |
  7. athomson

athomson

special member

I have seen 1.03.06 on a hummy related site and seen the YouTupe issue disappear the EPG performance did not seem so different on an older box when upgraded. Its around if you look for it and solves the youtube issue. I hope I have not broken any forum rules in saying this.

Andy

| Wed 9 Oct 2013 8:38:11 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Argos69

Hi folks,
    I'm new to the forum and spotted this thread. I had this same problem. I spoke to Hummy tech support & they suggested there was, as yet, no timescale on a fix for this problem. So, I've updated my firmware (box is a couple of years old) to 1.03.06 and all is now well! There doesn't appear to be any downside and everything I can think of trying to do works just fine - including every youtube video I've tested. As athomson said in his post, the firmware is findable, mine included "mod_2.19" in the zip file title.

| Wed 9 Oct 2013 9:13:57 #18 |
  9. athomson

athomson

special member

As did mine, I did not say as much as I did not want to break the rules and upset Brian. There does seem to be no downside, I have the upgrade for a few days and both my recordings and schedule were un-affected by the upgrade. The only thing that does not work is the new network portal from the custon firmware but this is one thing that has changed most.

Andy

| Wed 9 Oct 2013 11:40:37 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

keebs

Something just dawned on me, if 1.03.06 was released on new boxes months ago and overcomes the problem with Youtube, then does that mean that Humax were forewarned about the need for change (by Youtibe)? It just seems funny that their new boxes happen to be OK with it using the latest firmware. Should this be the case then I think they should explain why it has not been made available to us poor folk who bought their boxes when they were even dearer than they are today! If there are bugs to be ironed out then as someone else said, stick it out as Beta and let people have the choice.

| Mon 21 Oct 2013 23:46:07 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.