My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR-FOX T2 remote

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

Hi there,
    my Humax has recently developed any annoying intermittent problem. I have searched around for solutions but nothing seems to quite fit my problem.

For over a year the unit was connected via HDMI/DVI to a Sagem TV, and worked mostly fine, the only issue with the remote being an occasional requirement to remove and re-insert the batteries to prod it back into life, I had codes in for the TV and a DVD player and it would not work any of them when this first issue arose.

Recently the Sagem TV died, and I was able to borrow a Panasonic LCD for a couple of weeks whilst choosing a new one of our own. The Panasonic was connected by HDMI and this is when the new issue was first observed (though not straight away, probably took a couple of days to first happen) - the Humax would stop responding to commands from the remote for a period of minutes, yet the remote would still work the TV. I now have a Panasonic plasma TV and the same issue occurs intermittently.

The connection via full HDMI could just be a coincidence with some other fault developing.

Power cycling the Humax with the front button often, but not always, rectifies the issue.

The remove control has a white sticker on the inside of the battery cover printed with 'SN 10.03.12'

I bought the unit in February 2011, this fault first appeared mid March 2012.

| Sun 1 Apr 2012 9:49:56 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

Update : I am running the latest (publicly) available firmware from July 2011.

| Sun 1 Apr 2012 11:09:36 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

Another update : just had this occur, confirmed IR being emitted from remote, no response from the Humax. I removed the HDMI lead from the TV, waited a few seconds and reinserted, and got a response this time.

| Sun 1 Apr 2012 12:26:47 #3 |
  4. Barry

Barry

senior admin

You could try the following, no idea why it works, but some have reported success in the past.

Take out the batteries, and the press OK and 0 (zero) on the remote simultaneouosly for a few seconds.

| Sun 1 Apr 2012 14:23:52 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

glasgowjohn

I came onto the Forum to ask for advise re my RC that just "died" and found this post from Myhandle. My RC has been non-responsive intermitantly since I purchased the HDR from Amazon a couple of months ago. The white label attached to the battery case on mine reads "SN 11 10 06" I just presumed it was bad batteries. The remote has now completely gone in spite of putting in good new batteries. I also read Barry's comment above re pressing 0+Ok but unfortunately it did not help. Any other suggestions would be welcome. I guess if, at the end of the day i cannot respolve this issue i would need to look to Amazon for a replacement RC.

| Mon 2 Apr 2012 9:06:17 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

glasgowjohn - 11 minutes ago  » 
    I came onto the Forum to ask for advise re my RC that just "died" and found this post from Myhandle. My RC has been non-responsive intermitantly since I purchased the HDR from Amazon a couple of months ago.

I suggest you ring (not email) Humax technical support and explain the problem. In similar circumstances they have sent out new remote controls free of charge.

| Mon 2 Apr 2012 9:19:36 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

glasgowjohn

Having already emailed humax I took Martin's advice,(thank you) and attempted to telephone their technical supoport team. I was made to listen to music for over 5 minutes and then the line went dead!! So much for Humax "support" AND they charged me for the priviledge. I then decided to call Amazon which proved to be another experience altogther. First i got THEM to call ME INSTANTLY, explained the situation and they immediately offered to replace the entire order...HD Recorder and remote. I emphasised that it appears to be only the RC that is faulty but as they do not sell RC seperately they are sending a complete new oder to me fisr class from which I am to take the new RC and reurn my faulty one free of charge to them.

| Mon 2 Apr 2012 18:01:49 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

glasgowjohn

I have now received an email from Humax support who proved to be very helpful in the end. They are sending me a replacement RC so i will now get in touch with Amaazon to stop them doing the same.

| Tue 3 Apr 2012 14:57:36 #8 |
  9. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

Barry : You could try the following, no idea why it works, but some have reported success in the past.

Take out the batteries, and the press OK and 0 (zero) on the remote simultaneouosly for a few seconds.

I think that pressing keys with no batteries present just removes any residual power that may be held in capacitors for a 'Total reset' of the remote control

| Wed 4 Apr 2012 16:54:32 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

myhandle

Remote failed again last night, swapping HDMI around and using 0+OK to drain the battery did not help, so I'll phone Humax today and see about a replacement.
    It continues to function against the TV and DVD player even when the HDR fails to respond, so it would appear to be something 'inside' the Humax HDR itself rather than with the remote, but worth a try anyway.

I think I read somewhere, some time ago, that there are different versions of the remote control around, so perhaps a newer remote would be more successful, though surely it will only be sending out the same codes as my original ?

| Thu 5 Apr 2012 10:56:34 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.