My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

HDR T2 Network connection problems - doin my heeeeeed in!

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dom

Hi all,
    Just migrating to Humax from Sky and having connection problems with HDR Freeview and HD boxes. Have logged the following with Humax support but as yet (2 days on) no answers. Any ideas?

Hi,
    As per my conversations with tech support this morning, I am experiencing connectivity issues with the above 2 boxes purchased via Humax Direct last week. My TV reception is fine, both boxes are failing to provide any services via ethernet cables plugged directly into my Sky router. I have tested both cables via a laptop and am able to connect to the internet with no problem. DHCP is selected on both boxes and the boxes say they are 'connected to the network' in the internet settings menu. Content sharing is enabled on the HDR box but the HD box can't see it and says 'Server not found' after attempting to connect. TV Portal does not connect on either box and says 'An error occurred whilst launching the application https://humaxtvportal.co.uk/' Both boxes are on the latest version of the firmware, updated this morning.

Please could you advise how I might be able to resolve these issues?

Also tech support commented that I may need to open ports on the router to get TV Portal working, but could not advise which ports. Is it correct that if TV Portal requires open ports, you can't say which ports they are?

Cheers,

Dom

| Thu 10 Nov 2011 22:02:46 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Does you router see both of the boxes? his would normally show in something like "Attached devices"
    Have both boxes received IP addresses?
    Does your laptop also get it's IP address via DHCP?

| Fri 11 Nov 2011 7:48:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

dom

Hi,
    The sky router doesn't show attached devices that are wired unfortunately, only current wireless connections. The lights on the router come on when the humax boxes are switched on but I cant work out if they are properly connected or not? Everything else connects via dhcp apart from my nas device which has a static ip address.

I'm thinking I might buy another router today as I'm going to ditch sky soon anyway. That way I can test all the local connections and possibly identify a router issue? Annoyingly won't be able to test TV Portal though as sky don't provide connection settings for using a non sky router.

If you know a way I can check if the boxes are properly connected that would help a lot.

Thanks!

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 9:25:25 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Make sure that the static address you use for the NAS is outside of the routers DHCP address pool and check that DHCP is enabled on the router.

It is unusual not to be able to see all attached devices on the router.

I don't know the T2 - but I would expect that you can display the IP address (Perhaps in DIAG) if it has acquired one.
    If you find the IP addresses of the two boxes you can see if you PC can reach them:

Run cmd.exe and enter ping <ipaddress>
    for example ping 192.168.0.10
    If you receive a reply then all is well on the lan.

Other possible problems is an incorrect or unreachable DNS or incorrect gateway but this would effect all traffic unless your PC has manual settings.

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 10:57:06 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Assuming the HD FOX T2 is the same

MENU - SETTINGS - SYSTEM - INTERNET SETTING - CONFIGURE LAN

On Internet Setting a dialogue box confirms Network Connected

Configure Lan gives Configure IP (Manual/DHCP), IP Address, Netmask, Gateway Address and DNS Address

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 11:20:46 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

dom

Thanks for your replies.
    I've tried again with these boxes with no success. Set my router up to give the box a static IP address. Again the box says it's connected, but doesn't do anything to suggest it actually is - i.e. TV Portal not working, can't see my Bufallo NAS (DLNA) drive. Tried pinging the T2 but no response, so I'm now convinced it is not connecting to the router, despite what it is telling me. The other box I have (receiver, not recorder) is also showing exact same symptoms and has also decided to 'green screen' intermittently when starting up and then stop sending any signal to the TV down the HDMI cable. In addition the HDR is missing the beginning off a good percentage of recorded programmes which I don't remember ever happening with Sky+.

Despite all the good reviews I read about the Humax boxes, I'm seriously disappointed so far and think I'm going to have to return them and look for another offering, unless Humax support ever call me back and come up with an answer. Shame.

| Tue 15 Nov 2011 9:50:59 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.