My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

hdr1000s noobie

(6 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogerhf

Just got my new HDR1000S 1TB..So far very pleased with signal quality having struggled with antenna issues on Freeview for far too long. Is there any way at all to sort channels on this box ? switching HD channels seems cumbersome..have set up a favourites list but there doesn't seem to be any quick way to get to it. Thanks for any tips.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 9:20:13 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

To filter guide by favourites - when in guide press list up OK. To filter guide to show HD - list down down down OK.

Before you ask, sadly the selection isn't sticky.

You can also delete channels you don't want.

Quickest way in epg to go to a specific HD channel is tap in the channel number. eg tapping 126 jumps to CH4 HD at the time you have currently displayed.

Welcome to our forum.

| Wed 4 Mar 2015 10:21:50 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Mr Red

I have read the manual and settings don't get a mention per se.
    Do I take it you can edit the FreeSat channel list so that all the dross can disappear (whatever dross means to the user)?

As you can in a HDR Fox t2 - say.

I doubt I use 15 channels of the 100 clutter claimed for Freeview. Even deleted SD where HD is available and they have sorted local news feeds properly.

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 0:12:48 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

Mr Red - 7 hours ago  » ...Do I take it you can edit the FreeSat channel list so that all the dross can disappear (whatever dross means to the user...

Yes. In Settings scroll RIGHT 3 times to the next page where you will find Freesat Channels (as I recall, don't have access to the box right now). Select, then select Editable Channels. Select a channel with OK then Delete. Only a complete reset can restore a deleted channel.

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 8:06:36 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

rogerhf

Thanks to all for the advice..what a shame the box has such a basic shortcoming...never mind, still enjoying a stable picture (at last)

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 9:53:46 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

rogerhf - 1 hour ago  » 
    Thanks to all for the advice..what a shame the box has such a basic shortcoming...never mind, still enjoying a stable picture (at last)

The User Interface is designed and mandated for freetime boxes by Freesat.

Freesat do not allow renumbering of epg channels so any Freesat or Freetime box will not allow this on a certified receiver.

Access to favourites is list up OK with the epg open.

To quickly flick between channels in the epg, tap in the channel number you want to jump to.

eg tapping 200 jumps to BBC News HD at the current time slot.

| Wed 25 Mar 2015 11:15:08 #6 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.