My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR100S constantly freezing

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BizJet78

We have had our box since May 2013 and in that time it has had a few brain-farts which were easily resolved by removing the power for a bit and reapplying.

However, in the last few days it barely works for 30 seconds before freezing - often with the sound continuing with varying quality behind a frozen picture (sometimes with green pixelation).

You seem to have to remove the power twice (after the first time, the box does sod all) before it comes back. Occasionally it will work for a few hours but I have resorted to our Apple TV to supply my son's Peppa Pig fix as it is highly unreliable.

Any pointers?

I did manage to get into the settings the other day to see it has the latest firmware.

Would a factory reset be of any use? (I noted elsewhere that this will not impact my recordings).

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 9:51:31 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

A factory reset would be the first thing to try.

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 10:14:01 #2 |
  3. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

OP, you wouldn't be using Lip-sync adjustment at all would you?

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 10:45:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

BizJet78

Thanks for the welcome.

Factory reset is completed - although it managed to freeze during the first reset when I had to plug the network cable in for it to configure iplayer etc.

I suspect if I had put lip sync on, that will be back to default now so not sure.

So far so good it seems.

Cheers

| Mon 9 Dec 2013 10:53:34 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

BizJet78

Well that worked for about 24 hours but since then it had frozen 3 more times this morning.

Any further ideas before I send it back (is a HD format likely to be beneficial as I will be losing all the recordings anyway by returning it)?

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 12:00:19 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

BizJet78 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Well that worked for about 24 hours but since then it had frozen 3 more times this morning.
    Any further ideas before I send it back (is a HD format likely to be beneficial as I will be losing all the recordings anyway by returning it)?

Nothing to lose by trying a format. The Foxsat-hdr is known to have problems when the area of the hard disk used for the time shift buffer becomes corrupted. Thanks to the Custom Firmware available for this model it's quite easy to rectify by forcing the box to use a different area of the hard disc. Sadly this is not an option on the G2 models so a hard disk format is the only option.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 12:11:59 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

BizJet78

Formatted and another factory reset. Fingers crossed as I don't have much trust in the retailer turning a repair / replacement around before christmas.

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 12:23:30 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

jdlfreetime

special member

Had the same problem with mine. Have reported matter to Humax & they mention it is "simply" a data problem received from OTA software. I find this unbeleivable! I never had this problem with previous Humax 9200 & 9300 models. I spent loads of time having to download & reinstall previous software/reset etc inc formating drive again & again & then after afew attempts managed to fix problem of picture freezing. I think it has something to do with the software & firmware not updating correctly. I found that if I reinstalled previous version & then reloaded current OTA everything worked fine after installing. I had originally obtained box from Humax Direct with a much older version of software from previous one to current one. So I think until they fix problem (another problem!!) you have to make sure when you update that you have LAST version installed on your PVR before updating. I downloaded my previosu software from internet & then reloaded current version from OTA. My box hasn't froozen since a few months ago. Hope this makes sense!

| Tue 10 Dec 2013 20:38:48 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.