My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HDR1010s & NAS Dlna audio track

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

weirdbeardmt

Hi

I have a humax HDR-1010s and a Synology d415j NAS box with dlna server. I have loaded some TV shows on the NAS box in MKV format.

The humax can see the synology as a shared server and play the videos but the problem is I can't work out how to change the audio track and subtitles.

The videos themselves are ok.., ie if I play them in VLC player on my computer I can see the audio tracks and subtitle tracks and set the appropriately. Likewise using the synology app on my iPad.. same.

But when using the dlna client app on the humax... How do I change the audio track and subtitles? Basically I want to turn it all off and play in English with no subtitles...! Trouble is I'm not too sure exactly what is in control of this... Is it the synology dlna server app or is it the dlna client on the humax?

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 16:03:04 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

The client controls this but there is no way currently to select an audio track if there are multiple or a AD track is also present, and no anyway of dealing with subtitles.

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 16:09:10 #2 |
  3. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to the forum. There is no way of changing the audio track afaik. There is a similar issue with HD files streamed from a Foxsat-hdr (it insists on playing the Audio Described mp2 track). I can elect to change the audio track when streamed to my Android tablet or phone. Until Raydon found a way to change the audio track preference at source, the only way was to remux the content leaving out the unwanted content.

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 16:14:27 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

weirdbeardmt

So it's a limitation of the media player on the humax?

So short of modifying the MKV confainer to set the defaults etc. if wont work?

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 16:15:12 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

weirdbeardmt

Thanks. Have done some more searching so now looking into mkvmerge to see about removing the tracks I won't need which I assume will force the humax to play the stream I want.

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 16:24:10 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

weirdbeardmt - 50 seconds ago  » 
    Thanks. Have done some more searching so now looking into mkvmerge to see about removing the tracks I won't need which I assume will force the humax to play the stream I want.

That will work provided the remaining audio track is supported by the HDR1000S. mpeg compressed audio should be fine. Not sure if the HDR1000S will play back aac. If it's an issue I can try some content from a HDR FOX T2 for you.

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 16:27:12 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

weirdbeardmt

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

That will work provided the remaining audio track is supported by the HDR1000S. mpeg compressed audio should be fine. Not sure if the HDR1000S will play back aac. If it's an issue I can try some content from a HDR FOX T2 for you.

Thanks. Found an OS X port of mkvmerge. Ran a couple of tests and managed to strip the various audio streams which the Humax was ok with. Knocked together a quick terminal script so that I didn't have to manually process 250 ish video files by hand!

Thanks for the help.

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 18:16:57 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

weirdbeardmt - 3 minutes ago  » 

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Thanks. Found an OS X port of mkvmerge. Ran a couple of tests and managed to strip the various audio streams which the Humax was ok with. Knocked together a quick terminal script so that I didn't have to manually process 250 ish video files by hand!
    Thanks for the help.

You are welcome. Sounds to me you know more about the subject than I do. I have zero experience of Mac's.

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 18:22:18 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

weirdbeardmt

You are welcome. Sounds to me you know more about the subject than I do. I have zero experience of Mac's.

Ha, maybe but win/OS X/Linux... the principles are the same. Just gotta find the right combo of commands. I really don't understand video encoding at all so would be lost without forums like this and the people who build great libraries like mkvmerge etc.

| Sun 15 Mar 2015 18:45:33 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.