My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

HDR2000T recording issues

(26 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Einstein40 - 8 minutes ago  » 
    Many thanks for the info anyway Luke, appreciated. Will check DTG schedules for OTA updates... maybe that should have been my first point of call!?!

Currently no OTA updates but if you can connect the box to the Internet then it will download the update overnight if left in standby.

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 22:52:40 #11 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Einstein40 - There is no need for an apology, nothing wrong with searching for a thread already open that may resemble the issue you are faced with.

What is the current version of software on your unit?

| Wed 29 Oct 2014 22:54:29 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Einstein40

Cheers Barry. Am on version 1.00.07
    Am not particularly IT savvy so normally opt for the OTA update for simplicity

Don't have a wi-fi dongle so as Martin suggests I assume I can simply take the unit to my router and plug in the Ethernet cable and let it do its stuff?

| Fri 31 Oct 2014 21:13:56 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

Einstein40 - 21 minutes ago  » 
    Don't have a wi-fi dongle so as Martin suggests I assume I can simply take the unit to my router and plug in the Ethernet cable and let it do its stuff?

Yes that should work.

| Fri 31 Oct 2014 21:35:37 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

Einstein40 - The problem with not recording on BBC3 and BBC4 happens to me too every time I re-tune, even after the firmware update.
    It is something to do with those two channels sharing the same space as CBBC and CBEEBIES, the solution is to watch something on BBC3, then press the record button, then the same on BBC4. This updates something in the background, I don't know what.
    Now delete any scheduled recordings you have on BBC3 & 4 and set them up again.
    All should now be fine.

The same can happen in reverse, CBEEBIES and CBBC won't record, the solution is to manually record on those channels then delete and set up the recordings again.

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:14:39 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

ruddster - 36 minutes ago  » 
    Einstein40 - The problem with not recording on BBC3 and BBC4 happens to me too every time I re-tune, even after the firmware update.
    It is something to do with those two channels sharing the same space as CBBC and CBEEBIES, the solution is to watch something on BBC3, then press the record button, then the same on BBC4. This updates something in the background, I don't know what.
    Now delete any scheduled recordings you have on BBC3 & 4 and set them up again.
    All should now be fine.
    The same can happen in reverse, CBEEBIES and CBBC won't record, the solution is to manually record on those channels then delete and set up the recordings again.

Wouldn’t it be easier to update to 1.01.06?

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:51:31 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

Does the new firmware definitely fix the problem?

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 13:53:50 #17 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Humax have fixed the similar problem in the HDR-FOX T2 as shown by the lack of complaints over a far longer period since the fix for the HDR_FOX T2 was released. I haven't seen anyone, including me, reporting that this issue has not been fixed. What would be your reason for doubting that Humax's statement of "Recording improvements on BBC Three and Four" is not worth giving it a go?

| Thu 6 Nov 2014 23:19:37 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

I guess you are right, it is certainly worth giving the update a go!

| Fri 7 Nov 2014 10:01:21 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Einstein40

Yes that should work.

Have tried this 3 times now without success. Does it need to be done on a particular night? Have left the unit on (blue light) and in standby (red light) but still on old software version 1.00.06
    Must be making some rookie obvious error I guess?

| Sun 16 Nov 2014 11:33:25 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.