My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Help required to watch recorded programs without setting up the receiver

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

NicholasB

Hello,
    I'm trying to get a little help from any knowledgeable people in the forum. I recently moved from the UK to work in Kampala (Uganda) so I decided to bring my Humax Foxsat HD PVR receiver with me if for nothing else just to watch a large number of programs I recorded in the UK. However it seems to want to re-tune itself and will not exit out of the set up screen so I cannot watch anything. I obviously cannot set it up to receive a satellite over here (or could I, is that possible to set it up to receive a “local satellite”?). It would seem that I can only watch my recordings when it has been set up to receive the Freesat signal which it cannot do with the (fixed) dish I have in Uganda; also Uganda does not use postcodes so what do I do it just keeps saying postcode not recognised.

So is there any way I can view the recorded programs without setting up the receiver or is there anyway I can extract the programs and watch them on my computer? Also is my receiver useless in Uganda or could I pick up local satellites?

| Wed 28 Nov 2012 13:29:42 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Using non-freesat mode you should be able to pick up any fta content from any satellite you can point a dish at (local knowledge required or Google fta content available at xxxx). The box needs to be able to get a signal from Eutelsat28A at 28.5E to validate a postcode. Only UK ones will work, the postcode is only used to give local regional channels. Surprised you can't just exit from freesat set up. Normally on a set up box it just says no signal received and gives you access to the media menu.

You might like to try flashing the box with the custom firmware from here which may get you out of the install loop.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/freesat/1661195-media-file-server-bundle-foxsat-hdr-release-4-0-part-3-a.html

On the same site is a small add on by Raydon that lets you set a recording timer on a hdr booted into non-freesat mode (timerset)

| Wed 28 Nov 2012 14:14:59 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.