My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

adamandkate

Any help with my issue appreciated

I have a humax hdr 1000s. Firmware uksfaa 2.02.01.

I went on holiday for a week. The humax was left on standby. Cam back and showcase and on demand no longer work with the error message 'showcase/on demand is not currently available'

I am connected using ethernet cable.

The internet connection does work because if I go to tv portal the apps load and work fine.

If I goto settings then network config it says great you are connected with an ethernet cable.

Network info says...

Connection type DHCP
    Ip address 192.168.1.33
    Netmask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.1
    Primary dns 192.168.1.1
    Sexondary 0.0.0.0
    Mac 08:eb:74:7c:59:86

I have powered off and on both the router and humax box without success. Any help appreciated

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 8:06:40 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Try a factory default.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 8:14:54 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

adamandkate

Thankyou for your reply. Tried that now and it defaulted just fine but still no on demand or showcase

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 8:19:41 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kelbell

The same has happened to me ever since I updated to the most recent software version yesterday. I have contacted freesat but they have only suggested methods I have already tried. We will see what they come up with...

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 15:46:01 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

kelbell - 16 minutes ago  » 
    The same has happened to me ever since I updated to the most recent software version yesterday. I have contacted freesat but they have only suggested methods I have already tried. We will see what they come up with...

I have the impression that these are periodically updated. I would just wait. It may be that resets just start the periodic count all over again.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 16:05:58 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

tdodd

I'm a new Humax/Freesat user, currently waiting for my Sky contact to run out in October. I set the Humax up a few days ago and then moved it to the back bedroom to use it for on demand over Wi-Fi. It all worked well for a couple of days, minus the satellite feed, but then I lost access to on demand and showcase. I wasted a lot of time trying to diagnose, including trying to apply a firmware patch, but to no avail. As a long shot I moved the Humax back to the living room and connected the satellite feed. I now have full functionality restored. I have no idea why the sat feed is required in order to use YouTube, but there seems to be something stupid going on here. So, if you've lost on demand and showcase and can't understand why it might be worth checking your satellite connections.

| Wed 17 Sep 2014 23:14:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

I have no idea why the sat feed is required in order to use YouTube, but there seems to be something stupid going on here.
    Showcase uses both the EPG and on-demand, so it's not surprising that it fails if either the sat feed or the internet connection is lost. Less clear (to me) why on-demand should go down along with Showcase.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 7:38:24 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

adamandkate

i have tried disconnecting all the wires and reconnecting. signal and quality are maximum, so it doesn't seem to be this.

anyone else have any other ideas or should i return it to the shop? (if i can find the receipt!)

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 8:47:30 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

adamandkate - 20 minutes ago  » 
    i have tried disconnecting all the wires and reconnecting. signal and quality are maximum, so it doesn't seem to be this.
    anyone else have any other ideas or should i return it to the shop? (if i can find the receipt!)

Does the IPlayer on 901 work?

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 9:11:49 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

adamandkate

yes it does!

so i wonder whats up with going through the menus!

thanks for your help

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 9:21:53 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.