My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

I would give it a few days to see if it sorts itself out (leaving it in standby at night of course). I have a HB-1000S and a HDR-1000S. The HB-1000S is in the bedroom and wakes up every few days to do something. I only know it has woken due to the refection of the network activity LED off the wall.

The network activity could originate elsewhere on my LAN or it might be just checking for new firmware, What I do know is that it does not do this every day.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 10:01:51 #11 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

doublejdandcoke

I'm having exactly the same issue - On Demand Not Available. I updated to the latest software last night. Unfortunately mine was a new box so I don't know if it was working before or not - I just updated the software as soon as I plugged it in. iPlayer on 901 is working for me so this is very strange. I have logged a support call so will update when I hear anything !

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 10:05:47 #12 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Same here.

Thought I'd better see if mine was working.

So I plugged the Ethernet cable in etc this morning and so far I've got Zip from the On Demand section and Showcase (currently not available).

Players at 901 & 903 are working normally.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 12:01:37 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Update to above

It took a few hours but finally Showcase appeared but no On Demand yet !

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 12:33:50 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

doublejdandcoke

I got a call back from Freesat Technical support who said they didn't know what the issue was and referred me to Humax.

I've just spoken to Humax customer support and they say they are aware of the issue and are working on a fix. I think he said it was their servers and it would be ok in a day or two.

At least it isn't just my box that is affected !

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 13:06:43 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

adamandkate

thanks for the help everyone. guess i better just wait.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 14:26:41 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Rocksta

Same for me - Humax HDR-1000S

After s/w update can't access onDemand or showcase, even though the network connection is OK (I can ping in and the network info is correct). I was going to test you-tube but I can't find it.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 18:47:15 #17 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Rocksta - 1 hour ago  » 
    Same for me - Humax HDR-1000S
    After s/w update can't access onDemand or showcase, even though the network connection is OK (I can ping in and the network info is correct). I was going to test you-tube but I can't find it.

If you select On Demand from the home menu and press OK do you not see the U-tube icon. Do you have a tablet or phone with youtube as an app ?

Welcome to the forum.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 20:07:31 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Reffub

special member

Can't actually select On Demand from the Home Menu as it states it is currently not available, so I guess that means no YouTube.

| Thu 18 Sep 2014 20:55:08 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

sasastro

Hi Folks, I purchased a 1010s just yesterday and it's driven me mad ever since. I can watch iplayer on 901 or ITV player on 903 but everything else just doesn't work.

On demand - not currently available
    Showcase - not currently available
    Unable to access Freesat ID "your box requires an internet connection.... etc"

But I do have an internet connection and settings are showing that connection. I've tried wireless and wired via home plugs. I've tried all the ideas here, rebooted router and box and still no joy.

The only thing that gives me pause is that the box is showing my connection as "bebox" when in fact my router is an Asus N66U

So, have I got a dodgy box? Or is the problem their end as this thread implies?

| Fri 19 Sep 2014 8:49:38 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.