My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Wheway

grahamlthompson - 25 minutes ago  » 

Wheway - 8 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 12 hours ago  » 
    Wheway - You turn your router off at night but leave the HDR-1000S on?
    I think the HDR-1000S may well currently only request a IP address on powerup - will play later and find out.
    Assuming you are set to accurate record (Padding=Auto) then the unit will wait for a change in running status to be received for the current programme. Rarely the broadcaster forgets to send it, the unit will then think the programme has overrun and sticks with it.
    With a single cable connection you have two tuner operation but the two tuners are limited in function as they can only be switched to the same polarisation (V/H) and band (Low/High) as the first. The programme must not have met this criteria or it would have switched to it.

I power down the router and the HDR-1000s goes into standby. I power up the router before switching the Humax back on. I'm seeing an ip address and all the other on demand content works, just not iplayer.
    With regard to the recording question, this seems to have resolved itself in a way I don't understand (given I have a single LNB and satellite feed to the box). I expected it to switch from BBC4 to BBC1 at 9pm. About 9:30 I noticed the box still said BBC4. I turned the TV on and it was showing BBC4. Later, after the end of the scheduled recording, I checked it and it had in fact recorded BBC1 despite my having seen BBC4 when I checked whilst the recording was in progress. The box is evidently somewhat smarter than I am.

See
    http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables

Thanks! Mystery solved.

| Mon 24 Nov 2014 22:24:08 #711 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Anyone still having issues with no on demand, showcase?

| Thu 27 Nov 2014 12:16:33 #712 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Faust

special member

I still have problems with 4OD but this issue has been ongoing for as long as I can remember. I usually get loading buffer circle with blank screen for ages and ages. Following that I get two minutes of ads then 'content not currently available, please try later' message. Never seen such a flaky app.

| Sun 30 Nov 2014 20:38:13 #713 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Inge Jones

-gonzo- - 1 week ago  » 

Inge Jones - 18 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 
    I assume both of you can access IPlayer via channel 901 and you have tried freesats advice? (link at the foot of #651)

I can and have.
    How do I know it's not just a faulty machine?

Have you got a smart phone or tablet? Have you tried installing the Freesat App and see if any of the players will launch via that!

I did get it, but I am struggling to work out exactly how to use it other than as a remote control. I'll have another go.

| Sun 30 Nov 2014 22:54:29 #714 |
  5. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Inge Jones - 9 minutes ago  » 

-gonzo- - 1 week ago  » 

Inge Jones - 18 minutes ago  » 

REPASSAC - 1 day ago  » 
    I assume both of you can access IPlayer via channel 901 and you have tried freesats advice? (link at the foot of #651)

I can and have.
    How do I know it's not just a faulty machine?

Have you got a smart phone or tablet? Have you tried installing the Freesat App and see if any of the players will launch via that!

I did get it, but I am struggling to work out exactly how to use it other than as a remote control. I'll have another go.

Open the OnDemand section and select a player.
    Or even open the Guide and scroll left to select something from earlier.
    Or even select something from the OnDemand section of Showcase.

| Sun 30 Nov 2014 23:06:54 #715 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Z Cheema

Mine still has no Show Case or on demand. Last week it froze and kept freezing after boot, the only way to prevent thus was ti plug in a USB stick or remove the Internet cable.
    Also managed to lose all my recordings.

Thus negating any other uses the box was purchased for.

Im on latest software and annoyed, it was working well at one time.

Only giid news is after formating the HDD I have tge ability to freeze live tv again afters months of a corrupted cache....

| Mon 1 Dec 2014 23:49:05 #716 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Quantum

I've finally given up. I've had a replacement machine, countless emails to humax and freesat, updates in firmware, various different opinions on this and other sites. This second machine has never been able to access on demand and now it cannot pause or record.
    I have arranged for it to be picked up and refunded.
    I will find another brand or model that works better.
    I've wasted too much time.

| Tue 2 Dec 2014 0:20:50 #717 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

philebley

My Humax box started to work after a reset
    I was getting the "On demand unavailable" message
    Phil

| Tue 2 Dec 2014 15:19:10 #718 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Inge Jones

Mine is suddenly working, I think it picked up the latest update cos it took longer than usual to be ready after bringing out of standby. Anyway all of a sudden it's all there just as it should be.

| Thu 4 Dec 2014 10:22:02 #719 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

colinbythesea

I found this topic with a Google search having the same problem with on demand, earlier on the EPG and showcase not working while iPlayer on 901 and itv player on 903 worked. This was on a new Humax HDR1000S/1TB. Having bought the box for the on demand ability to replace an old Humax Foxsat box I was disappointed.

However, I did get it working so here's what I did as it may help somebody else.

To install it all I had to do was move wires from the working Foxsat Box to the new box. Using on demand I got a message saying I was't connected as described earlier in this thread. I went through most of the 72 pages trying suggested (easier) solutions with no success. I checked the software and updated it to the latest early in the process. Needless to say nothing worked so after an evening of disappointment I disconnected the new HDR1000s and put it back in it's box. I was ready to take it back to the store.

The following morning I decided to have one more try. I reconnected it and everything was working perfectly. I don't know which part of the disconnecting everything and long powering down did the trick but something did. I had powered it down and had various cables out the previous evening but the power downs were only a couple of minutes so maybe it needed a bit of time to drain the power supplies residual power.

My suggestion would be just update the software and then disconnect it overnight, see what happens.

If you can get it going it is a lovely box. Sound quality through the optical output is brilliant too.

| Fri 5 Dec 2014 11:04:02 #720 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.