help - unable to use ondemand or showcase

(935 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

BryCoop

TUE 12 APR 2016 7:48:20 #928 | QUOTE
    User has not uploaded an avatar
    PeterH

PM this user
    Hi, I have recently purchased an 1100 to replace sky. It works very well and the picture quality seems better. The only problem I have is the on demand service. Whilst I can get on to services, whilst watching either bbci player or netflix after approx 35 minutes the program freezes with the dreaded rotating load icon. Sadly nothing loads. No matter how long I wait. I have to press back and reselect the program and it then carrys on playing from where it stopped for a further 35 mins when it will do the same thing.. Anyone help with this please.?Dont have the same problem watching netflix on another device nor with the sky box so its not the network.?

MON 7 NOV 2016 11:40:23 #929 | QUOTE
    User has not uploaded an avatar
    johncoke

PM this user
    I have exactly the same problem I have a HDR-1000s connected as recommended by Homeplug adapters to my plusnet fibre router Same freezing on bbciplayer .
    07/01/2018
    I have exactly the same problem but the date is 07/01/2018 and my set up is standard not fibre but iplayer does not work for no apparent reason.. It worked at first then nothing.
    Any ideas?
    thanks
    Brian

| Sun 7 Jan 2018 22:51:40 #931 |
  2. nosignolife

nosignolife

Have you tried:
    Tried using No extenders ? Just WiFi, extenders can complicate matters, see if it will load using just WiFi.

If you cannot do this, or the range is too great:

Power off the router and any extender.
    Factory reset the Humax (with NO internet)
    Power up the router and any extenders.
    Wait 5
    Now go into settings and log your Humax onto your router.
    Should reset the IP address of the box and it might solve your issue.

Test any extender by trying to log on with your phone and Speedtest it.

Good luck, HTH

| Sat 28 Apr 2018 22:47:50 #932 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

irgrant01

adamandkate - 4 years ago  » 
    Any help with my issue appreciated
    I have a humax hdr 1000s. Firmware uksfaa 2.02.01.
    I went on holiday for a week. The humax was left on standby. Cam back and showcase and on demand no longer work with the error message 'showcase/on demand is not currently available'
    I am connected using ethernet cable.
    The internet connection does work because if I go to tv portal the apps load and work fine.
    If I goto settings then network config it says great you are connected with an ethernet cable.
    Network info says...
    Connection type DHCP
    Ip address 192.168.1.33
    Netmask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.1
    Primary dns 192.168.1.1
    Sexondary 0.0.0.0
    Mac 08:eb:74:7c:59:86
    I have powered off and on both the router and humax box without success. Any help appreciated

If your using Ethernet extension plugs via electrical wall sockets, check that they have not tripped out, and need to be reset using the button available.
    I had similar problems with On Demand and Showcase (when after resetting all equipment failed to cure problem) I then went to wall socket ethernet extensions and found they had reset buttons..!!
    Try this...it worked for me...

| Fri 28 Dec 2018 11:43:37 #933 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

irgrant01

adamandkate - 4 years ago  » 
    Any help with my issue appreciated
    I have a humax hdr 1000s. Firmware uksfaa 2.02.01.
    I went on holiday for a week. The humax was left on standby. Cam back and showcase and on demand no longer work with the error message 'showcase/on demand is not currently available'
    I am connected using ethernet cable.
    The internet connection does work because if I go to tv portal the apps load and work fine.
    If I goto settings then network config it says great you are connected with an ethernet cable.
    Network info says...
    Connection type DHCP
    Ip address 192.168.1.33
    Netmask 255.255.255.0
    Gateway 192.168.1.1
    Primary dns 192.168.1.1
    Sexondary 0.0.0.0
    Mac 08:eb:74:7c:59:86
    I have powered off and on both the router and humax box without success. Any help appreciated

If your using Ethernet extension plugs via electrical wall sockets, check that they have not tripped out, and need to be reset using the button available.
    I had similar problems with On Demand and Showcase (when after resetting all equipment failed to cure problem) I then went to wall socket ethernet extensions and found they had reset buttons..!!
    Try this...it worked for me...

| Fri 28 Dec 2018 11:52:01 #934 |
  5. Trev

Trev

special member

You are answering a post made 4 years ago. And why post twice?

| Fri 28 Dec 2018 13:41:58 #935 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.