My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

Hey everybody! New member here.

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Icekube

Owner of a Humax box I can't find much info about and want to know more about.

It's a HDPVR-1000c - a twin-receiver with a 320GB disk. I can find very little info about this model. It has a software adjusted for the cable operator COMHEM here in Sweden. I've found the tarballs for download (HDPVR-1000C-COMHEM) so the model at least exited. I bought it a few years ago.

I don't have any outright problems with it. It's the best worst thing I've ever bought! I never seem to be able to get disk content below 40 percent so it's earned it's keep.

But... I have issues with the component output. Can't make it work - and, yes, I did remember the component switch. Reason is, my flatscreen (SHARP Aquos) is also old and analogue meaning no HDMI or DVI. Bummer! Now I run SCART and S-VHS. Still wonderful picture, but the Aquos can deliver HD and I'd love to get the component output working.

Also, there's an Ethernet connector but does it work?

Anybody out there who has a HDPVT-1000C?

This is the manual. Haven't found it in English, though.
    http://www.humaxdigital.se/Anvisning_Humax_HDPVR-1000C.pdf

Long first post but checking the forum main I wasn't sure if I could create a thread or not. I'm more than willing to do so and move this to that thread.

Regards
    Peter

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 17:27:39 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Hi and welcome to the forum. It's not a model that anyone here is likely to have any experience of.

However I can give you some background on component output and broadcasters in the UK.

Component output has disappeared from Freesat and Freeview pvrs and been replaced by HDMI in the UK (simply because it's relatively easy to copy component in HD using a PC or pvr (like the Hauppage models) when HD capable component inputs are provided.

The only HD boxes with HD component outputs likely to be found are enthusiast generic free to air satellite recievers, whose spec isn't dictated by Freesat or Freeview.

On the few that did have component out (the last UK Humax model with component out, from memory was the 2008 Foxsat-HD, a single tuner non recording satellite model) , the broadcaster was able to disable the port on selected freesat broadcasts (which they usually did).

Your problem was pretty common a few years ago for users with early pre-hdmi HD TV's (usually Plasmas) that only have component inputs.

The solution for these was a HDMI HDCP capable converter to component. A common one was the HDfury models from the US. There may be others around, a google search may find a few.

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 17:43:50 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.