My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

How do you lock a remote to 9150T?

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

ziggy100

Hi, I'm new to the forum and looking for some help/advice....

I'm using a 9150 and 9150t together with the same tv (via AV1 & AV2 inputs). How can I program/lock the two remotes so that they don't interfere with each other when I'm changing channel. I want to avoid the hassle of having to unplug one or the other at the mains to avoid this issue.

I've seen on some other threads, covering the same issue on some newer models, that you can do this by pressing 0 & OK at the same time for 5 secs but this doesn't work for either of my units....

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

| Sat 19 Oct 2013 21:17:11 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

As far as I'm aware, it is not possible to change the remote control codes on the PVR-9150T. You can cover the remote sensor on one box whilst using the other, this can be done with a piece of folded card or something similar. This method works well, and also has the benefit of giving you a little exercise by having to get up and move the card when you want to use the other box.

| Sat 19 Oct 2013 23:00:03 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

To add a bit more to Brian’s helpful comments ...

brian - 11 hours ago  » 
    As far as I'm aware, it is not possible to change the remote control codes on the PVR-9150T.

Yep, there is no method.

brian - 11 hours ago  » 
    You can cover the remote sensor on one box whilst using the other, this can be done with a piece of folded card or something similar. This method works well, and also has the benefit of giving you a little exercise by having to get up and move the card when you want to use the other box.

This is the method I use. Using a large cardboard box I have constructed something very similar to a large USB flash drive cap. This has the advantage of being sure that the unused PVR does not receive any switch on commands of even worse delete commands by accident.

ziggy100 - 13 hours ago  » 
    I want to avoid the hassle of having to unplug one or the other at the mains to avoid this issue.

There are a couple of other ways of switching of the power.
    There is a rocker power off/on switch at the back of the 9150s. To access it facing the front of the Humax reach for the Humax’s back top left hand corner.
    Another alternative to cutting the power is to use remote socket switches.

| Sun 20 Oct 2013 11:00:52 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.