My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax 2000T slow to respond on power up

(17 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

sparky

Having upgraded from a 9200T to the new 2000T I find it takes around 20 to 25 seconds for a picture to appear after switching on the Humax. The old 9200T used to deliver much quicker, maybe I am missing something in the menu to remedy this problem

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 13:38:47 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

sparky - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Having upgraded from a 9200T to the new 2000T I find it takes around 20 to 25 seconds for a picture to appear after switching on the Humax.

Ours is much quicker. I would guess that it is the HDMI negotiation. What make and model of TV?

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 13:49:29 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

sparky

My TV is a Toshiba Regza 42AV635DB 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LCD TV some 3 years old now.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 13:58:23 #3 |
  4. brian

brian

special member

sparky - 50 minutes ago  » 
    Having upgraded from a 9200T to the new 2000T I find it takes around 20 to 25 seconds for a picture to appear after switching on the Humax. The old 9200T used to deliver much quicker, maybe I am missing something in the menu to remedy this problem

Is 20 to 25 seconds Really a problem? I have just checked a HDR-FOX T2, and that took 25 seconds.

| Sat 4 Jan 2014 14:32:35 #4 |
  5. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Just timed one connected to a Philips 8007T

5 seconds to Humax splash screen, 25 seconds to picture being displayed, and as Brian states on a par with a HDR T2, nothing out of the ordinary.

| Sun 5 Jan 2014 0:12:04 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

sparky

Thanks for all the response, seems it is quite normal then. I might go back to the old box as it seems to have more user friendly features.

I notice also on the 2000T that the 3 X slow frame option seems to be omitted, handy when watching sport and magic shows.

| Thu 9 Jan 2014 12:45:45 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gran

Is 20 to 25 seconds Really a problem?

Well, yes, I find it annoying. I have timed my HDR-2000T as it seemed so very slow
    4 sec till Humax UKTRAC1.02 appears
    Displayed for 4 sec
    Then blank TV for 14 sec until sound, closely followed by picture.
    So 22 sec after switching on before one can watch something!
    Having cancelled Sky, which was almost immediate to picture, I do find it irritating having to wait nearly 1/2 a minute before I can view.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 9:18:17 #7 |
  8. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

gran - 1 hour ago  » 

Is 20 to 25 seconds Really a problem?

Well, yes, I find it annoying. I have timed my HDR-2000T as it seemed so very slow
    4 sec till Humax UKTRAC1.02 appears
    Displayed for 4 sec
    Then blank TV for 14 sec until sound, closely followed by picture.
    So 22 sec after switching on before one can watch something!
    Having cancelled Sky, which was almost immediate to picture, I do find it irritating having to wait nearly 1/2 a minute before I can view.

Your Sky box was never truly in standby. It is fully powered except for the video and audio outputs, the lnb is powered at all times. Compared to the new boxes which have to comply with EU power saving regulations and be able to work using a standby power consumption of less than 0.5W your Skybox used in excess of 20W in sby, this was costing you around £25.00 or so on your Electricity bill every year. Had you replaced your Sky box with the latest (after years of being non-compliant to EU law) it would have a boot time from low power sby in a very similar time.

In fact your HDR2000T goes into a condition the same as your Sky box was in 24/7 15 mins before a accurate/series recording is due to start. If you press the on button during this period or while recording it will also boot near instantly.

If you tend to turn on your box at around the same time then simply set a power on timer about 15mins or so before you want to use the box,

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 10:40:08 #8 |
  9. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

gran - 1 hour ago  » 

The boot time is actually quite fast - the reason for the apparent fast speed of the Sky unit is it is actually still using most of it's power. Disconnect the power and see how long a real boot takes - much longer that you new unit.

Graham is faster on the keyboard than me.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 10:41:18 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

gran

Thank you for your detailed replies. I found the explanation interesting. My Sky box was only just over a year old, but I have no idea of the power consumption on standby.

| Tue 21 Jan 2014 12:40:46 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.