My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax 9300T Playback Jumping

(11 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

richoq

On some recordings playback can jump a few or more seconds and the voice sync can go out of line. Playing back repeatedly can mean that this happens in the same place some of the time and in different places other times. I have an important recording that features an actor friend. How can I repair this to be able to record it to DVD for her? Thanks in advance.

| Mon 28 Oct 2013 12:37:42 #1 |
  2. Biggles

Biggles

special member

A known problem with the 9150 and 9300 machines that has never been resolved although Humax are very aware of the problem. Owners first noticed it on Family Guy and American Dad on BBC3 but other programmes are also affected. One forum member discovered that switching off the audio track allowed the video to play normally but of course that's not much good to anybody.

| Mon 28 Oct 2013 13:42:30 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

richoq

Thanks for the reply. If I managed to copy the file onto a new Humax PVR, might the recording pay OK?

| Mon 28 Oct 2013 13:48:39 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

richoq - 1 hour ago  » 
    If I managed to copy the file onto a new Humax PVR, might the recording pay OK?

Yes or you could download the recording to a PC (this involves opening the Humax and connecting the drive to the PC) and play it from there.

| Mon 28 Oct 2013 15:05:04 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

richoq

Thank you. So to be precise - there shouldn't be a problem with the recording of the program, just that there is a problem with playback on this machine.

What size is the HD - 2.5 or 3.5?

If Humax are never going to solve this problem should I consider buying a new model? Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks to all for the help.

| Mon 28 Oct 2013 15:09:07 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

richoq - 6 minutes ago  » 
    Thank you. So to be precise - there shouldn't be a problem with the recording of the program, just that there is a problem with playback on this machine.
    What size is the HD - 2.5 or 3.5?
    If Humax are never going to solve this problem should I consider buying a new model? Do you have any recommendations?
    Thanks to all for the help.

3.5" SATA.

| Mon 28 Oct 2013 15:16:29 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

richoq - 32 minutes ago  » 

I believe so. What is recorded is more or less the digital transmission stream without any modification.

Obviously the choice of whether you buy a new machine will depend on how much this problem irritates you. The HDR-FOX T2 is a mature machine that doesn't suffer from this problem and would allow you to play back recordings from the 9300 (providing you can get them off the disk). The HDR-2000T is a new machine that seems to be intended as an HDR-FOX T2 replacement and has some improvements but I don't have one so can't comment on whether there are any downsides.

| Mon 28 Oct 2013 15:48:22 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

whg

FenderBender

Both Family Guy and American Dad -- and only those 2 shows -- invariably play back in a corrupted, jumping way. Often to the point that they are unwatchable. Clearly there is something specific to those 2 animated shows from fox TV in the USA as shown on BBC recorded by humax.
    But WHY? What is the responsible variable?
    The Simpsons -- animated show from fox TV (US) shown on channel 4 -- is completely fine.
    So -- is it humax's fault, BBC's fault or the producers of the 'broken' shows? Does anyone know? It's only if it is humax's fault that there's any hope of a remedy. And if it is humax's fault then WHAT ARE THEY WAITING FOR!!!!!! IT'S BEEN YEARS!!!!!!

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 14:42:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

whg - 56 minutes ago  » 
    Both Family Guy and American Dad -- and only those 2 shows -- invariably play back in a corrupted, jumping way. Often to the point that they are unwatchable. Clearly there is something specific to those 2 animated shows from fox TV in the USA as shown on BBC recorded by humax.
    But WHY? What is the responsible variable?

My speculation (and I have no proof) is that the problem is somewhere in the decoding hardware of the Humax. Whether this is fixable with a software update I don't know but I suspect if it was easy it would have been fixed a long time ago.

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 15:42:10 #9 |
  10. Biggles

Biggles

special member

A peculiarity I've noticed with my 19" Humax TV and Family Guy is that after a few seconds of switching to a 4x3 aspect ratio episode of Family Guy, or programme start, the aspect ratio switches to square. Momentarily bringing up the info banner or selecting channel 7 again puts the aspect ratio back to 4:3. The aspect ratio setting of the TV is set to Auto.

| Tue 27 Oct 2015 22:46:20 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.