My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax firmware updates

(5 posts)
  1. John the Met

John the Met

I believe that Humax firmware update policy is as follows.

Since all terrestrial television transmitters were digitised and subsequently transmitters were HD enabled the primary update route is over air, I also believe that is this also true
    of Freesat boxes, over air is the primary route for firmware updates.
    No doubt many will be aware that updates can be downloaded from the Humax website; you to can be emailed a heads-up to their availability if you subscribe. Once the file has been downloaded the instructions on the site will take you through the next steps; you will of course need a USB drive to make the transfer from your computer to your PVR.

I have a Panasonic Blue Ray player which I have connected to my broadband router using aCat5 Ethernet cable. Since I have owned this player (2009) I have downloaded three firmware updates over the internet. The update routine is built into the Panasonic options menu and the task is straight forward, these updates have made my player more responsiveand easier to use. Let us hope that the much heralded HDR 1000S firmware sorts its many
    current failings and shortcomings.

As far as I can see there is no reason for the firmware update via the internet option cannot be introduced to the HDR 1000S; will this option be added to the machine in the first
    firmware update?

| Sun 2 Dec 2012 22:29:44 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

John the Met - 10 hours ago  » 
    I believe that Humax firmware update policy is as follows.
    Since all terrestrial television transmitters were digitised and subsequently transmitters were HD enabled the primary update route is over air, I also believe that is this also true
    of Freesat boxes, over air is the primary route for firmware updates.
    No doubt many will be aware that updates can be downloaded from the Humax website; you to can be emailed a heads-up to their availability if you subscribe. Once the file has been downloaded the instructions on the site will take you through the next steps; you will of course need a USB drive to make the transfer from your computer to your PVR.
    I have a Panasonic Blue Ray player which I have connected to my broadband router using aCat5 Ethernet cable. Since I have owned this player (2009) I have downloaded three firmware updates over the internet. The update routine is built into the Panasonic options menu and the task is straight forward, these updates have made my player more responsiveand easier to use. Let us hope that the much heralded HDR 1000S firmware sorts its many
    current failings and shortcomings.
    As far as I can see there is no reason for the firmware update via the internet option cannot be introduced to the HDR 1000S; will this option be added to the machine in the first
    firmware update?

All Humax units have had this facility - why do you think it should need to be added? I think Humax need it to be present so that they and freesat can test software.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 8:59:49 #2 |
  3. John the Met

John the Met

Thanks for that REPASSAC oh special member.

"Why do you think it should need to be added?"

Unlike you I do not have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Humax products but one day I might aspire to such a position, in the mean time I'll try to help others in a helpful respectful and friendly manner.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 14:54:02 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

John the Met - 17 hours ago  » 
    firmware update?

All modern Humax units have the capability to update the firmware using a usb pen drive (older ones used a serial port). Updates and instructions are available from Humax usually before it's transmitted ota. Any such release for the HDR-1000s will be posted on this forum.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 15:43:30 #4 |
  5. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

John the Met - 2 hours ago  » 
    Thanks for that REPASSAC oh special member.
    "Why do you think it should need to be added?"
    Unlike you I do not have an encyclopaedic knowledge of Humax products but one day I might aspire to such a position, in the mean time I'll try to help others in a helpful respectful and friendly manner.

I was only asking if you had a reason for thinking that. Practices can and do change and I was interested in if you had spotted something.

| Mon 3 Dec 2012 17:18:00 #5 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.