My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax Fox HDR T-2 - Media player Issue

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

b1ffb0ff

Any body have any issues with the media player - keep loosing communcitaions? I have a wired network (no wireless) in my house, conncetd to a 24 port switch, every once in a while when i am watching a film via the Humax, streamed across the network from my tera station i get an error that says there was a network issue. I have played and stremaed other diveces from the same cable with issues in eth past.

Any thoughts?

I am ruinning the .20 firmware issued in June.

Thanks

John

| Wed 5 Oct 2011 21:32:15 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

This situation is very similar to mine but whenever I manage to get streaming running it cuts off after 10 minutes.
    So will be very interested in any responces.
    See my thread "Problems Streaming Video between Humax Fox T2's via LAN"

| Thu 6 Oct 2011 6:58:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

teacup9095

No issues with streaming and my Fox T2. Have watched numerous files (average 1hr 30mins) with no issues. Have latest Humax FW installed

| Sun 9 Oct 2011 15:26:11 #3 |
  4. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

b1ffb0ff - 3 days ago  » 
    Any body have any issues with the media player - keep loosing communcitaions? I have a wired network (no wireless) in my house, conncetd to a 24 port switch, every once in a while when i am watching a film via the Humax, streamed across the network from my tera station i get an error that says there was a network issue. I have played and stremaed other diveces from the same cable with issues in eth past.
    Any thoughts?
    I am ruinning the .20 firmware issued in June.
    Thanks
    John

What other kit is on the lan and what speed lan is it?

| Sun 9 Oct 2011 17:11:48 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

jonthetruth

I am now seeing this. For me it happens about an hour into the programme. I get no error message, the unit just returns to the media list. Very annoying, especially when its an HD file and I can't use the fast forward or skip buttons to take me to the place where it happened!

| Mon 31 Oct 2011 15:14:50 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

podman

I too have found that i have to start watching from the start again. When i try to use the ffd to get to last watched it comes up with error on Win 7 Media Player.

is the inabaility to ffwd a known issue?

podman

| Sun 13 Nov 2011 18:19:24 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

hummyinhull

I'm having this problem where a video stream from my WD Live Book (into Gigabit Ethernet TP Link router and via 150mbps wireless access point) drops after 20/30 mins.

Same video streams fine to a Windows 7 laptop so I suspect it's the Hummy being funny?

| Tue 20 Dec 2011 15:39:46 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

hummyinhull - 1 hour ago  » 
    Same video streams fine to a Windows 7 laptop so I suspect it's the Hummy being funny?

Is the Windows 7 laptop connected wirelessly? I would try temporarily connecting the Humax by a cable to the router to see if the problem is the Humax or the network. My money is on something in the network.

| Tue 20 Dec 2011 17:10:54 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

hummyinhull

Hi Martin, yes the Windows 7 laptop connects wirelessly. I will try a wired connection and report back.

| Wed 21 Dec 2011 16:04:26 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

nutkins

I am having same issues with connection dropping out every 30 minutes over a lan making it impossible to watch any films streamed from my NAS drive without interuption.

| Sat 24 Dec 2011 4:00:00 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.