My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Humax Green Screen

(16 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

My Humax Freesat box produces sound and vision for a few seconds, then vision disappears and a few seconds later sound goes. I have turned the unit off and, after a short delay, on again; I have disconnected/reconnected the power and disconnected/reconnected the HDMI lead. But it still does the same thing. Unfortunately I cannot use the menu as I can't see what is on the screen as it is only green! Any suggestions?

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 18:27:18 #1 |
  2. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Charles60 - 28 minutes ago  » 
    My Humax Freesat box produces sound and vision for a few seconds, then vision disappears and a few seconds later sound goes. I have turned the unit off and, after a short delay, on again; I have disconnected/reconnected the power and disconnected/reconnected the HDMI lead. But it still does the same thing. Unfortunately I cannot use the menu as I can't see what is on the screen as it is only green! Any suggestions?

Model ?

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 18:56:14 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

Foxsat HD

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 19:59:09 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Welcome to the forum, it may be a sign of the power supply capacitors starting to fail. Repair is very easy for anyone with a soldering iron. Google Foxsat-HD power supply repair. Before that can you watch and listen using a scart cable ?

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 20:24:55 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

Thanks for the welcome Graham, I will see if I can do this and report back.

| Wed 21 Aug 2013 21:01:18 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

Graham - thanks for the advice I have replaced the HDMI connection with a scart and all is now working again although picture quality looks to be down a bit. I will research the power supply issue - but at least my wife can watch bargain hunt again! Thanks.

| Thu 22 Aug 2013 12:23:28 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Charles60 - 51 minutes ago  » 
    Graham - thanks for the advice I have replaced the HDMI connection with a scart and all is now working again although picture quality looks to be down a bit. I will research the power supply issue - but at least my wife can watch bargain hunt again! Thanks.

Try a different hdmi cable. The power supply will be fine if the scart connection is working. Scart will only deliver SD pictures so the HD channels will be significantly worse.

| Thu 22 Aug 2013 13:16:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

Thanks Graham I will get hold of another HDMI cable and post the result.

| Thu 22 Aug 2013 17:37:14 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Charles60

I have now had a chance to change the HDMI cable but the green screen problem persists. Any other ideas please?

| Mon 26 Aug 2013 20:36:12 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Charles,

how long have you had the box?
    If it's less than 2 years it may still be under warranty.

also have you changed anything recently, tv, added another box/player etc. or factory reset it?

First thing I would try is the v-format button on the remote, press this and wait a second or two between presses and it should toggle through different hdmi resolutions

| Tue 27 Aug 2013 8:29:24 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.