My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

HUMAX HDR-1000S social media and apps.

(19 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

To whom it concerns

I bought this box because it said it could be used for social media and other apps could be download through the Tv portal. It isn't possible to do social media or download any apps. Humax even suggests this is possible on the side of the box. If I go onto the TV portal of the Humax box it also says I can download facebook, twitter, and other apps.

I created my account on my humax, went to the app market and this box can't work with twitter, facebook or any other social media or allow any decent apps to be downloaded.

Tomorrow I have no option but to take back to the shop and ask for my money, as this device can't be used to make my TV smart as it suggests.

That is unless anybody can produce evidence to the contrary.

Kind regards

Tim

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 1:24:35 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

Where does it say anything about Facebook on the Humax or the box?
    As for all the other apps, all available compatable apps were automatically added to the box some time ago.

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 9:49:35 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

It says on the box that you can download social media apps, but there isn't one on the box. When I go onto the box itself it shows that you can download facebook, twitter and the app loader. As far as I am concerned Humax are not being exactly. The apps loaded onto the box are a complete waste.

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 14:01:46 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

timawells - 56 minutes ago  » 
    It says on the box that you can download social media apps, but there isn't one on the box. When I go onto the box itself it shows that you can download facebook, twitter and the app loader. As far as I am concerned Humax are not being exactly. The apps loaded onto the box are a complete waste.

I would be interested to see a photo of this. There was nothing like it on my box. Not mentioned in the spec either.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product.php?gid=135

http://www.freetime.tv/

If you are referring to the Humax portal, the apps you see on there aren't specific to the UK or the HDR1000S.

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 15:00:38 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

Hi Graham

If I go onto the TV portal of the HDR 1000s box, there is an option explaining it and it shows Twitter, Facebook and the app for downloading applications on the Humax box itself. I haven't got the box, totally disgusted that Curries think it is OK to sell a box that can do social media, when it clearly can't and that Humax think they can get away with putting that on the side of the box and the box software. It was as important that the box was a smart box, as a satellite receiver, I like to be interactive and not just sit there watching content.

Cheers

Tim

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 15:12:13 #5 |
  6. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

timawells - 9 minutes ago  » 
    Hi Graham
    If I go onto the TV portal of the HDR 1000s box, there is an option explaining it and it shows Twitter, Facebook and the app for downloading applications on the Humax box itself. I haven't got the box, totally disgusted that Curries think it is OK to sell a box that can do social media, when it clearly can't and that Humax think they can get away with putting that on the side of the box and the box software. It was as important that the box was a smart box, as a satellite receiver, I like to be interactive and not just sit there watching content.
    Cheers
    Tim

Where on the box does it say the box supports social media - photo please. If Currys told you it did take it back. AS I already said Humax included access to the Humax Portal in common with other boxes, because there's an app there doesn't mean it will work on the HDR1000S. Never had an app that doesn't work on your version of Android.

I take it you have a REG Code. Not that I have ever bothered Flickr seems to work on my HDR1000S.

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 15:25:57 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

Hi Graham

Definitely says on the side of the box that it does social media and then states facebook, twitter etc on sofware.

Curries refuse to refund the money, they have spoken to Humax who say that it doesn't support twitter or facebook.

If I create a Humax account and try to download apps, there isn't a single one available for my box, I can't even download the app downloader to my box. The pre loaded apps on the box are totally useless and I wouldn't consider any of them useful and struggle to see how they would be considered social media.

I would have thought that it worked like a mobile phone, where you could download most apps if they agreed with your operationg system.

A £20 NowTV box will download most apps, while this £164 box is pretty useless.

Kind regards

Tim

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 16:04:02 #7 |
  8. REPASSAC

REPASSAC

special member

Can you post the exact wording on your box please.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flickr

"In addition to being a popular website for users to share and embed personal photographs, and effectively an online community, the service is widely used by photo researchers and by bloggers to host images that they embed in blogs and social media."

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 16:42:04 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

Even back in 2012 it was suggested the box would be upgraded to do facebook and twitter. http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/tvs-entertainment/pvrs/52326/humax-hdr-1000s-review.

However I have now added a picture of the side of my box stating social apps and the download of further apps. Not one pre loaded app is useful to me and one I would consider social. If anybody said social media, the first thing that springs into anybodies mind is twitter, facebook etc.

If you go onto the TV portal of the box, it suggests the box at leasts does Twitter and Facebook and that further apps could be downloaded, see those further pictures. Not one app can be downloaded to the box. I was expecting similar functionality to a mobile phone, where some decent apps could be downloaded.

| Wed 8 Apr 2015 17:33:41 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

timawells

Picture that should have appeared in the previous post, too big for the system.

Attachments

1. Humax_003.jpg (64.2 KB, 22 downloads) 9 years old
    2. Humax_002.jpg (62.7 KB, 17 downloads) 9 years old
    3. Humax_001.jpg (61.8 KB, 25 downloads) 9 years old
    | Wed 8 Apr 2015 17:37:09 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.