My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ not responding

(16 posts)
  1. mickiow

mickiow

Hi all,
    My Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD Twin Tuner with 1TB Recorder.
    Bought: 16th August 2011.

Model: HDR-FOXT2

Software Version:FHTCP1.02.07
    Loader Version: a7.30
    System ID: 80BC.7EOO
    Update date: 21 Jan 2011
    MICOM Version: DC:D3:21:OA: 66:3D

Which I updated in July 2011 to “hdr_fox_t2_upgrade.hdf” from the website via an usb memory stick.

Strange problem.
    When the recorder is recording in standby mode for pre set recordings, there is no indication that I can see that it is actually recording on the ring of LEDs
    But my main problem is that when I try to power on the recorder so I can watch any other channel or a pre recorded one, I get the page saying “No Signal” until the pre set recording is finished, then it will let me in?
    I am on the Isle of Wight, and we change to HD in March 2012.
    Can anyone help with this please?
    Mick.

| Wed 26 Oct 2011 19:48:58 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Hi Think the first thing to do will be to update your HDR FOX-T2 software to the latest which is FHTCP 1.02.20, have not experianced the problems that you describe myself on either of our HDR FOX-T2s both are running the new software.

| Thu 27 Oct 2011 8:04:27 #2 |
  3. mickiow

mickiow

Hi, thanks for replying.
    I have just re checked and I did update to: FHTCP 1.02.20 in July.

The problem with the “No Signal” showing until the pre set recording is finished, then it will let me in has only started this week.

It is frustrating having to wait to do anything while the pre set recording is in operation!

Mick.

| Thu 27 Oct 2011 12:05:01 #3 |
  4. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The usual first thing to try in these sort of odd circumstances is a reset to factory defaults. Make a note of your recording reservation list first.

| Thu 27 Oct 2011 12:07:28 #4 |
  5. mickiow

mickiow

Thanks again,I have just done the factory reset, and will see what happens next, and hope all is ok!!

Mick.

| Thu 27 Oct 2011 15:39:50 #5 |
  6. ezra pound

ezra pound

special member

mickiow
    When the recorder is recording in standby mode for pre set recordings, there is no indication that I can see that it is actually recording on the ring of LEDs

When recording from standby the HDR used to display 'RED' rather that the standby 'Amber', However this feature has been removed, There is a VERY small icon on the front panel PHOTO HERE. Also see the LINK HERE

| Thu 27 Oct 2011 16:48:57 #6 |
  7. mickiow

mickiow

ezra pound,thanks for showing me that, I know where to look now to see if it is recording in standby.
    Mick.

| Thu 27 Oct 2011 23:05:10 #7 |
  8. mickiow

mickiow

grahamlthompson - 2 weeks ago  » 
    The usual first thing to try in these sort of odd circumstances is a reset to factory defaults. Make a note of your recording reservation list first.

Hi again,
    I did the factory default reset, and fitted a new spare hdmi cable to the other of the two hdmi ports on my Samsung LE32A336JIDXXU LCD TV.

Humax support suggested the hdmi cable port change.

I then waited until I next wanted to watch a pre recorded programme when the Recorder was recording a set timed programme in standby, but it is still reporting "No Signal" on the TV.

I have of course used the source button on the TV to move to the correct hdmi port.

When I press power on the Humax Recorder to try to bring it out of standby, the light on the centre ring goes from Orange to Blue then immediately to Red to show it is recording, and the display panel shows a channel, but no output to the TV?

Mick.

| Wed 16 Nov 2011 20:27:58 #8 |
  9. mickiow

mickiow

Can I add as a thought, if I bring the recorder out of standby before the pre set recording starts then all is ok.
    Strange!
    Mick.

| Thu 17 Nov 2011 10:54:53 #9 |
  10. mickiow

mickiow

Hi, has anyone got somthing else I could try please?
    Mick.

| Fri 18 Nov 2011 14:22:52 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.