My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax HDR-Fox T2 loss of access to video

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sunny1839

I turned on my Humax and went to watch a recording and cannot access video. There is loads of space. Have tried various things such as re-setting channels, disconnecting box and reconnecting, also reset to factory settings but all to no avail. When I go to Video and select it the system just comes back to the program I am watching. In 'settings' - 'system' the title 'Data Storage' is not highlighted and unable to access this either. Help!

| Wed 2 Jul 2014 17:49:53 #1 |
  2. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Sounds like a hard disc fault.
    How old is your Humax?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Wed 2 Jul 2014 21:16:27 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sunny1839

I bought it in 2011, is there anything I can do to get it mended?

| Sun 6 Jul 2014 20:19:13 #3 |
  4. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Obviously it's difficult for me to tell without actually looking at your system personally, but it sounds as though the hdd has either died or developed a fault which is why it would not show up under data storage. All hard discs die eventually.

Ideally, I would want to take the hdd out and connect it to a PC to verify it has a problem.

You have a couple of choices: ask someone more knowledgable to physically check your box and verify the hdd is dead and then fit a new one for you, or ring humax and see if they can do anything for you, or just bite the bullet and buy a new hard disc yourself and fit it. It's not difficult, but depends how good you are with a screwdriver and electronics.

Usually, when a hdd dies, the data is gone, or it's just not cost effective to recover.

| Sun 6 Jul 2014 20:38:46 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Owen Smith

special member

You could install custom firmware and run the hard disc checker and fix in that. See hummy.tv for details.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 11:33:53 #5 |
  6. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

If it won't even show the HDD is connected, I think it's beyond repair Owen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 18:05:36 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

It would be worth removing and replacing the hard disk data connector a few times. It's not unknown for oxidisation to create a bad connection.

| Tue 8 Jul 2014 20:48:27 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.