My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR 1800T, 2000T

Humax Remote App

(8 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

dylan359

Hi, Just wondering whether anyone has used the Humax Remote app, and what they make of it. I was expecting that this would allow recordings to be set up remotely (e.g. away from home), but it seems that it only allows control of the humax (2000t) when on the same network (i.e. in the house). Not really sure what the benefit of this.
    Any news on whether a true remote capability is under development. I see on the portal webpage there is a programme tab that might be useful in future.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 9:51:22 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

ruddster

I did use the one that was available before the update and the only benefits I found over the standard control were:

1. Phone keyboard available when renaming recordings
    2. It is silent, unlike the increasingly annoying clicks of the remote
    3. You can annoy who ever has the proper remote for a couple of seconds by making them think they are doing things wrong. After a couple of seconds you will find you have the phone and the control, watch out for the control though, it will come to you at high speed.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 11:33:26 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The hybrid Humax boxes (Freetime and Youview) have apps which allow users to set recordings remotely, but those apps, and the service, are provided amd managed by Humax's partners - Freesat for the Freetime boxes and Youview for the Youview range. As far as I'm aware, there's no such service available for the HDR2000T.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 12:17:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Accidentally double-posted. Apologies.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 12:18:37 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

dylan359 - 2 hours ago  » 
    Hi, Just wondering whether anyone has used the Humax Remote app, and what they make of it. I was expecting that this would allow recordings to be set up remotely (e.g. away from home), but it seems that it only allows control of the humax (2000t) when on the same network (i.e. in the house). Not really sure what the benefit of this.
    Any news on whether a true remote capability is under development. I see on the portal webpage there is a programme tab that might be useful in future.

Very handy if you happen to have the box in a cupboard or you are watching it remotely say using a rf modulator (I use a modulator to view A HDR 1000s, two Hdr Fox T2's and a Foxsat-hdr remotely on a small kitchen TV). All can be controlled using a smarphone or tablet.

Welcome to our forum.

| Fri 17 Oct 2014 12:22:26 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyCalling

Doesn't seem to be available in the Microsoft store, so not available on Windows PCs, laptops, tablets or phones. That's a bit of a limitation, as that misses out a lot of devices (all of mine) and you can't try it on an old Android device you might have lying around as for some unknown reason this simple remote app needs a high def display and the power available only from the latest major revision of Android. Why? Good question. Cheaper to buy an extra remote than a device powerful enough to run this.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 17:44:26 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

AndyCalling - 12 minutes ago  » 
    Doesn't seem to be available in the Microsoft store, so not available on Windows PCs, laptops, tablets or phones. That's a bit of a limitation, as that misses out a lot of devices (all of mine) and you can't try it on an old Android device you might have lying around as for some unknown reason this simple remote app needs a high def display and the power available only from the latest major revision of Android. Why? Good question. Cheaper to buy an extra remote than a device powerful enough to run this.

Merely answering your statement " Not really sure what the benefit of this is". If you don't have the hardware then of course it's no help. Quite how an extra remote will let you control kit in a cupboard or in another room unless you add extra kit which for many of us having suitable hardware simply isn't needed. Incidentally for the Foxsat-HDR and HDR FOX T2 boxes (Thanks to Custom Firmware) you can use anything that has a web browser.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 18:01:39 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

AndyCalling

It can be useful to simply grab whatever's closest to change channel etc. My Roku can easily be controlled by anything connected, simply because there's apps (both first and third party) in the Windows store. The Fox Box can do it because it uses a web UI. The 2000T is not so useful, as only limited types of devices are supported (Apple & the latest Androids, with HD screens(!), only).

This addition by Humax sounds like a good idea, but will only really get traction if I can access it on whatever I'm using when the need strikes. Currently it is only potentially useful if developed.

Hope that explains my thinking better? I didn't pose the question you mention regarding the potential benefit of this app. I don't see the potential being realised yet, however.

| Sun 19 Oct 2014 21:42:31 #8 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.