My Humax Forum » Freeview SD » PVR 9150T, 9200T, 9300T

Humax RIP

(9 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

gjimgood

After 4 years I may have turned off the recorder in mid record. It's been showing signs of wear for a while but now it duplicates the names of recorded programmes, shows wrong times, deletes programmes when it starts recording another one and generally misbehaves. I do not have any technical skills so I am thinking replacement unless anyone has any really simple fixes?
    Many thanks

Jim Good

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 17:19:54 #1 |
  2. -gonzo-

-gonzo-

special member

You could always try formatting the hard drive and a factory default.
    Obviously a hard drive format will mean losing any recordings you may have so perhaps try a factory default first and see how that goes, if that doesn't resolve issues then a format is the way to go.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 17:28:30 #2 |
  3. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Sounds like the data on the hard disk has become corrupt, a Format should sort that out but as Gonzo says you will lose all your recordings. Do you switch the Humax off at the mains by any chance? If so make sure it has completely shut down to Standby before doing so, this could take the best part of a minute.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 17:59:44 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

gjimgood

Sorry to be such a techno dummy, but how do you reformat an internal hard drive?

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 18:00:53 #4 |
  5. Biggles

Biggles

special member

gjimgood - 1 minute ago  » 
    Sorry to be such a techno dummy, but how do you reformat an internal hard drive?

Menu > Record > HDD Control > Format. It is in the manual.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 18:04:39 #5 |
  6. Biggles

Biggles

special member

Welcome to the forum by the way, just noticed you're a new member. If you do simply switch the Humax off at the mains then this is likely to have caused the disk corruption.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 18:21:34 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

gjimgood

That does seem to have worked! For some reason when I searched the manual for format nothing came up. Many thanks for your help.

| Sun 8 Mar 2015 20:45:08 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

edythuk

Hello, I'm a new member and reading through the posts to see if my problem has been asked about and I came across this which mentions HDD but I'm still confused.
    Last night when I pressed the medium button to find a recording to watch the list was blank, everything had disappeared. It did however record a programme I was watching and it was on the list when I looked (only thing there). Today it too has disappeared and there is a blank list. It does say HDD in the list heading which I never noticed before. HELP!

| Thu 19 Mar 2015 18:39:56 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Martin Liddle

special member

edythuk - 4 hours ago  » 
    Last night when I pressed the medium button to find a recording to watch the list was blank, everything had disappeared.

Try formatting the hard drive from the HDD Control menu item in the Record menu. Default PIN is 0000.

| Thu 19 Mar 2015 22:52:48 #9 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.