My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

Humax TV Portal on HDR 1000S no You Tube etc.

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

DiscoDeano

I've just installed my new HDR 1000S this evening and am pleased with its overall performance however when loading the TV Portal I cannot get You Tube or Internet Radio etc. Why would this be because on the packaging it clearly states that You Tube would be availabe.

Hope someone can shed some light on this one.

| Fri 26 Oct 2012 20:13:10 #1 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

I think you are looking at the wrong packaging! The HDR-1000S packaging does not state Humax TV Portal, YouTube and Internet radio.

It mention On Demand TV (iPlayer, ITV player, 4oD and Demand 5). The latter 2 coming later after launch.

EDIT: Yes it does! On the side, it mentions TV portal and YouTube.

On using the service however, it does claim 'the service is subject to change without notice... services may be discontinued temporarily or permanently without further notice...' (Currently, Wiki@TV, flickr, Picasa, teletext, and Humax Support are currently on the Portal - no YouTube or Internet Radio.)

Oh dear, who ever reviewed and gave this box 9/10..?

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 11:35:51 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

TBird1

son_t - 1 hour ago  » 
    I think you are looking at the wrong packaging! The HDR-1000S packaging does not state Humax TV Portal, YouTube and Internet radio.
    It mention On Demand TV (iPlayer, ITV player, 4oD and Demand 5). The latter 2 coming later after launch.
    EDIT: Yes it does! On the side, it mentions TV portal and YouTube.
    On using the service however, it does claim 'the service is subject to change without notice... services may be discontinued temporarily or permanently without further notice...' (Currently, Wiki@TV, flickr, Picasa, teletext, and Humax Support are currently on the Portal - no YouTube or Internet Radio.)
    Oh dear, who ever reviewed and gave this box 9/10..?

Over time these things will come. For one I'm glad to have the box now with what it does have rather than having to wait another 6 months for them to develop their Youtube, 4OD apps and the rest. This is an extraordinarily capable platform and I really feel we have only been tickled so far with its true future potential. Just like most hi-tech these days, the full features will arrive as part of the journey - just look at XBox360/PS3/IPad/IPhone/Android/SkyHD/ etc - all have had major features added over time! My XBOX was just updated this week - 5 years after buying it - and they're still adding ground breaking features!!

We should be grateful for what we have today.

Rant over

| Sat 27 Oct 2012 13:03:52 #3 |
  4. John the Met

John the Met

Goods Day All.
    My HDR 1000S 1TB is my third Humax PVR. Currently it is co-located with my HDR FOX T2 which is now two years old.
    Humax have been in the tuner and PVR business for years and I would have hoped that would mean the HDR 1000S would exit the box running and show up my HDRFOXT2, it doesn't because of issues that should have been sorted before before it was sold to the British public. It would appear that we are being used to develope the HDR1000S1TB, that wouldn't be too bad but we are having to pay HUMAX royally for the privilege.
    I do have one good 'word' for the HDR1000S1TB, the EPG is much, much better than my FOXSAT-HDR which now lives upstairs.

| Tue 4 Dec 2012 20:45:05 #4 |
  5. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

John the Met - 1 hour ago  » 
    Goods Day All.
    Currently it is co-located with my HDR FOX T2 which is now two years old.
    Humax have been in the tuner and PVR business for years and I would have hoped that would mean the HDR 1000S would exit the box running and show up my HDRFOXT2, it doesn't because of issues that should have been sorted before before it was sold to the British public. .

A tad confused not sure what the above means. Only had a HDR FOX T2 for a couple of weeks, but I could view recorded content on it on the HDR-1000s (HD or SD). Apart from curiosity as they are in the same room it was purely out of interest. The reverse clearly isn't the case because the HDR-1000s is currently only a dnla client.

What does exit the box running mean ?

| Tue 4 Dec 2012 22:19:00 #5 |
  6. John the Met

John the Met

Hi Graham.
    I posted the following which would appear caused you confusion especially the section about working out of the box.

Humax have been in the tuner and PVR business for years and I would have hoped that would mean the HDR 1000S would exit the box running and show up my HDRFOXT2, it doesn't because of issues that should have been sorted before before it was sold to the British public.

When I buy a £300 item from a company such as Humax that has been in the tuner/PVR market for some years I don't expect to have to be part of the product development programme, "It should work out of the box." This of course presupposes that it is set up correctly.

My HDRFOXT2 is two years old and I didn't expect my new 2012 Humax product to have issues with facilities that my "old" box handles with aplomb.

I do hope that this sheds light on the situation.

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 1:24:17 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 8:40:33 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 56 minutes ago  » 

Leave all competition behind, as in athletics? I think he's disappointed that this box clearly has room for improvement.
    Or were you just teasing Graham?

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 9:38:18 #8 |
  9. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Pollensa1946 - 10 minutes ago  » 

Leave all competition behind, as in athletics? I think he's disappointed that this box clearly has room for improvement.

No not entirely sure what the question is. Does it mean view live content from the HDR-1000s's tuners live on another box ?

With a HDR-1000s and HDR FOX T2 co-located why would you want to view even recordings on one box on the other, although HDR-T2 to HDR-1000s works now (as does Foxsat-hdr to HDR-1000s with CF installed, the reverse was clearly advertised as a future upgrade ?

Doh just twigged Exit the box running and show up my HDR FOX T2 - read this as show up on my HDR FOX T2 - very senior moment -

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 9:53:54 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Pollensa1946

special member

grahamlthompson - 1 hour ago  » 

Pollensa1946 - 10 minutes ago  » 

No not entirely sure what the question is. Does it mean view live content from the HDR-1000s's tuners live on another box ?
    With a HDR-1000s and HDR FOX T2 co-located why would you want to view even recordings on one box on the other, although HDR-T2 to HDR-1000s works now (as does Foxsat-hdr to HDR-1000s with CF installed, the reverse was clearly advertised as a future upgrade ?
    Doh just twigged Exit the box running and show up my HDR FOX T2 - read this as show up on my HDR FOX T2 - very senior moment -

He's right of course. I've said it several times in this and other forums. Given 4 years prior experience this box should have set standards for others to follow. I sure hope they don't and instead produce something better.

| Mon 24 Dec 2012 11:28:45 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.