My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax TV Portal

(89 posts)
  1. gomezz

gomezz

special member

My main issue with CE devices which have had added internet connectivity is that it is crippled access through a portal with a level of control freakery and extra ongoing costs that is not acceptable to me. Which is why I have a gone for a nettop PC connected to my TV to give me totally unfettered acccess to all internet content.

| Fri 22 Apr 2011 11:39:55 #11 |
  2. myhumax

myhumax

senior admin

Nigel thinks the lack of certification has hindered Topfield and others becoming popular UK brands (see his reply to my comment on his blog article here).

Again, this does not bode well for 3view... lacking the MHEG code...

| Fri 22 Apr 2011 12:51:06 #12 |
  3. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Back on topic for a mo

Problem with iplayer on Friday. Initial page reduced in size and centred on display. Other option tabs did not work correctly...not only affecting the Humax box.

It was patently obvious to me that it was the BBC at fault as they were having issues with bbc.co.uk - indeed that was only fixed fully yesterday morning. However I note yet again 2+2=5 in some quarters

| Sun 1 May 2011 12:19:27 #13 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Clive

I've found the TV Portal very unstable.

I was using it to listen to Internet Radio but it crashed the whole system quite a few times.

This in turn corrupted something internally which made the HDD make funny rumbling noises and my recordings judder on play back.

I've since re set the system to factory settings as the box was trying to look for firmware updates over the net even after I had removed the dongle. I've also had to re format the HDD which has cured the recording problem.

The TV portal is clearly not ready yet!

| Thu 12 May 2011 14:43:21 #14 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Exiled_in_HH

With the release of Sky GO, imminent, is it likely the Portal will soon gain access to Sky live channels and VOD.

| Mon 20 Jun 2011 13:12:11 #15 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

peterh0001

I think it unlikely that the Sky Player functionality will appear on the Humax portal now that Sky go is due to launch in July.

I use the Humax portal on an HD-T2 and find the iplayer very slow, it takes ages to navigate to and open the programme you want to watch but once streaming it seems to run to the end OK.

Also have a Samsung TV with a portal and iplayer runs much much faster on that in terms of navigation to the requested programme. I'm unclear why the Humax solution should be so much slower than Samsung's version.

The speed issue appears to be largely unrelated to internet connection speeds and I wonder if some of the debug code is still in the firmware since this is a beta release. If so then speeds may increase when it goes to the production version.

PeterH

Interestingly Humax do not seem to have invited

| Tue 21 Jun 2011 13:27:21 #16 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Exiled_in_HH

The slowness is it down to an underpowered CPU.

Are you saying Sky would not allow Sky streaming and VOD on FOX T2s and we will have to wait for the YouView STBs/PVRs which will have more capable hardware?

| Wed 22 Jun 2011 13:44:36 #17 |
  8. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome one and all

Skyplayer is still on the radar, the delay currently is not of Humax making. As for the BBC iplayer speed, wait for the next release, and compare.

| Wed 22 Jun 2011 16:04:18 #18 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Exiled_in_HH

Thanks.

That's good news... my original post was trying to highlight that Sky were releasing a replacement service Sky GO so were delaying release. The subsequent post seem to suggest that the FOX-T2s were incapable of handling the user interfaces adequately.

Hopefully the portal will be extended to cover Lovefilm and blinkbox. Especially blinkbox as they carry some free content.

| Wed 22 Jun 2011 19:27:00 #19 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

antonyjsmith

Barry - 3 weeks ago  » 
    Welcome one and all
    Skyplayer is still on the radar, the delay currently is not of Humax making. As for the BBC iplayer speed, wait for the next release, and compare.

Well, don't know if anybody else considers the iPlayer performance acceptable but I would say the browsing experience is similar to that of my PowerMac 8500 released c.1997 [Which still works!!]

Youtube is pretty much unusable.

My two peneth.

Anyway I need somewhere to vent my spleen as Humax seem to provide pretty much zero feedback.

| Tue 19 Jul 2011 11:19:57 #20 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.