My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax TV Portal

(89 posts)
  1. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

You could write apps, but you would need to install custom firmware to get access to them.

Google xtra1 portal

| Wed 11 Jul 2012 12:47:04 #61 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpszi

Thank you Ezra Pound, the test portal looks promising though it doesn't really work on my laptop.

Yes ChrisDaniels, I'm working on that project to customize my HD-Fox T2

The "hidden" reason was by buying this HD box to disencumber my laptop which struggles playing HD films on YouTube, iPlayer. TV channels are just icing on the cake for me. Online streaming is the main target.

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 20:49:29 #62 |
  3. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

There is another way to stream content without having to resort to writing apps or hacking the box.
    If you have a smart phone/iPhone or iPad, there are apps such as imediashare which can access the content but then offer it up over the wifi network to the humax via dlna. It's worth a look.

| Thu 12 Jul 2012 22:59:46 #63 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpszi

Thank you ChrisDaniels,
    it really does worth to look! I found the Android version of iMediaShare.tv and it works well. I use the free version now with a couple of HD stream.
    Do you know anything like this for PC laptop - I am looking for Spanish TV channels for streaming also.
    Ideally, I'd like to watch on HD-Fox T2 what I browse in my browser on laptop. I know, the easy solution is to connect the monitor but my HP dv2700 had to go to service 3 times because the video chip overheats driving extended monitor, also my old Toshiba can't do it smoothly.
    As the Humax HD-Fox T2 must have quite a good videocard as it works perfectly in HD I would like to take advantage of it to use it as an external video card through DLNA.

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 16:04:55 #64 |
  5. chrisdaniels

chrisdaniels

special member

Glad you found it useful.
    Have a look at Serviio for a pc dlna client, but did you know windows media player has dlna support too?
    So as long as you enable it, and set the contents to be shared, that content will also be available on the HDR.

| Sat 14 Jul 2012 22:16:28 #65 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

hpszi

Yes. Thanks for the reply. My HD-Fox can see my laptop so, I can play media files from my laptop with Media Centre. I'm trying to stream something like ITV Player or online TV like http://www.rtve.es or http://atv.hu/online from laptop to HD-Fox.

| Sun 15 Jul 2012 17:31:39 #66 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spider

I have just set up my HDR FOX T2 box after not using it for a while. Surprised to find TV Portal will not work. All th posts seem to be from some time ago. Is there a fix. I have updated the software internet connection is hard wire six worked fine on the sky box I was using. I have rebooted the box. I press the TV portal button, it says connecting then the message pops up,narrow occurred whilst launching etc...
    We like to use I player. So really need this.

| Sat 11 Apr 2015 16:52:48 #67 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spider

Sorry it's saying Software update date is 26 May 2012.

| Sat 11 Apr 2015 17:04:43 #68 |
  9. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to our Forum

Old software, you need to update to latest version.

| Sat 11 Apr 2015 17:51:01 #69 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

Spider

I have gone through setting to Auto update software it goes away looking yet nothing seem to get installed same 2012 date is still shown. I have also carried out a factory reset. In Internet settings it says it connected.

| Sun 12 Apr 2015 12:53:52 #70 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.