My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Humax USB and memory stick

(3 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drdave1946

Does anyone know if programmes recorded from Humax onto memory stick can be used in another Humax in another room. I have a HDR T2 in one room and Humax FOXSAT HDR in another. I would like to play back recordings I have made on one machine on another .

| Wed 24 Sep 2014 19:58:00 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Need more information.

[b]This relates to a programme recorded on a HDR FOX T2 you wan't to play back on a Foxsat-HDR.

1 You cannot record programmes made on a HDR FOX T2 directly to a usb stick, (nor on a Foxsat-HDR), you have to copy it after recording.

2 If you copied an existing recording to a usb stick was it SD or HD ?

3 If SD then the recording will have it's encryption removed when it was copied to USB

4 To playback external video recorded on a HDR FOX T2 you need to create some extra support files (Known as sidecar files). A free programme by Raydon is able to create these (AV2HDR). If you copy the three files created by AV2HDR to a usb stick the Foxsat will be able to play it back (and you can upload it to the Foxsat if you wish)

A SD programme recorded on a Foxsat-HDR you want to play on a HDR FOX T2 is much simpler. If you copy the programme to a usb device and delete all but the .ts file, then the HDR FOX T2 will be able to play back the content courtesy of the HDR FOX T2 built in media player capability.

A SD programme recorded on a Foxsat-HDR you want to play on a HDR FOX T2 (SD content recorded on a Foxsat-HDR is not encrypted on recording).

In this case as the source is not encrypted copying to usb is much faster.

HD content interchange is much more complex thanks to the encryption used when the programme is recorded.

| Wed 24 Sep 2014 22:05:28 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Drdave1946

Thank you for prompt reply, Graham. Most of the programmes I want to watch on my second Humax are short so I can use SD relatively simply. My Panasonic 42 plasma has a USB, but from other reading it seems that programmes could not be watch directly via the TV.

| Thu 25 Sep 2014 7:43:04 #3 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.