My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Hummy very sluggish.

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

kayell

The software version on my Mumax is shown as follows...
    FHTCP 1.03.12
    Update date 7/12/14
    Loader version a7.33

This was automatically downloaded from Humax but has caused the reaction to the remote when selecting programmes to record to be very sluggish and there seems to be a brief time lapse to the machine recognising the command from the remote which is very annoying.
    This happened once before and it was cured by reinstalling an older update issued before the one causing the trouble. The problem is I have forgotten how to do it and which download to use. Any advice on how to solve it please?
    thanks

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 13:41:23 #1 |
  2. brian

brian

special member

This sluggishness is a new feature that was introduced in 1.03.xx firmware versions. As far as I'm aware, the only current solution is to revert to a 1.02.xx firmware version, this has the disadvantage that BBC iPlayer will no longer work.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 19:31:57 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

kayell

Thanks for help. Will try downloading older software.

| Sat 24 Jan 2015 19:47:43 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

kayell

Need further help Brian as I am not too good on downloads etc.
    When I start to download firmware 1.02.32 which I am told will cure the problem, I get a message on screen saying ......
    "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or if one is already installed, create an association in the Default panel."

Not a clue what this means.

If you know how to download etc can you explain in simple English where I go and what I have to do please?

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 13:07:27 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

you should have downloaded a .zip file which will contain the .hdf file that you need.

presumably windoze doesn't know which programme to use to open the downloaded firmware file and wants to be told which programme to use and will give the option of creating a default so that programme always gets used in the future for similar zipped files

On older windoze versions something like winrar, 7-zip etc is used to unzip. on newer windoze versions it's built in.
    Right clicking on the .zip file should give an option to unzip/unpack/extract the upgrade .hdf file out of the .zip file you downloaded which then needs to be copied onto a usb stick

hope this makes a bit more sense.

As Brian pointed out, iplayer won't work, and I really can't remember whether there'll be problems recording/playing-back bbc3/4 HD so I'd make a couple of quick test recordings to be sure.

Humax don't seem to be in any hurry to fix the very sluggish EPG, a work around on the latter firmware is to use the programme up/down buttons to jump/page through the EPG rather than scrolling.

| Tue 3 Feb 2015 14:54:48 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

kayell

After much messing around not sure what I am doing I end up with a file on my usb stick called HDR FoxT2 upgrade.hdf.
    I put the stick in the humax port but nothing happens on screen. I just get the tv programme showing, nothing at all to do with any software loading.
    I freely admit I am found wanting when it comes to technical knowledge so need further simple English help please as to what exactly to do.

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 13:12:13 #6 |
  7. Barry

Barry

senior admin

See para 'Update Instructions'

http://www.humaxdigital.com/uk/products/product_releases.php?gid=476&pid=6

| Sun 8 Feb 2015 13:38:48 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.