My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » YouView DTR-T

intermittent faults on recent T1010 500 YouView

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

burequality

We bought a YouView T1010 500 unit last September and it has recently become unreliable and unpredictable. The HDMI output gives up most of the time so we get blank screen and have to revert to the Scart output. Sometimes in the middle of a programme the unit switches off and then come on again. I cannot find any software upgrades required for this model so have ruled out that option. Any ideas? Has anyone else had problems with this model?

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 17:25:42 #1 |
  2. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

Yes, you are not alone. The T1010 doesn't seem to have quite as many depressing reports as the T1000, but quite a lot.

Go to Settings > System Information > Software Versions to check if you have the latest version. Should be

Manufacturer Software: 20.9.0
    Component Software: 2.8.18

The HDMI problem might be fixable, if you want to post details. (Make and model of TV, etc) However, arbitrarily switching itself off and on does not sound good. To be honest, given that the box was purchased less than six months ago and therefore should still be under guarantee, in your place I would be inclined to ring Humax and report the problem and request a replacement.

tel. 0344 318 8800

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 17:54:05 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

burequality

Hi James

Many thanks for your advice. Have checked the software etc and it says last updated today and it is using the latest version, although not the numbers you quoted.

I did a factory reset after checking we had nothing left to watch and same problem persisted.

Had an Eistein moment and borrowed another tv with an HDMI input and unbelievably the Humax performed 100%. So problem may not be the Humax after all. (I used the same HDMI cable in case that was the cause of the problem).

Am now in contact with Panasonic!

| Mon 5 Jan 2015 23:29:36 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

JamesB

special member

The version I mentioned is the latest available. There's unlikely to be any other update out there for your box to pick up. Maybe it last checked for an update today?

It's rather odd if it hasn't got the current update - it was a phased update but it started rolling out in October, which should be enough time for all boxes to receive it.

It's true that there have been numerous reports of serious problems with this update, so I suppose the rollout could have been quietly suspended. What are the current version numbers on your box?

Good news on the HDMI front.

| Tue 6 Jan 2015 0:08:20 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.