My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Internet Radio availability

(12 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Although I can access iPlayer, Youtube and WikiTV OK, when I select Internet Radio after breifly displaying the 'Loading ...' banner it stays on the TV APPS home page.
    Is there an issue with Internet Radio on the HDR-FOX-T2 today?

Today is my first attempt at using the Humax Portal. I have not attempted to access Internet Radio prior to today. The HDR-FOX-T2 is on 1.02.20. Prior to today I have never connected the HDR-FOX-T2 to a router.

| Sun 15 Sep 2013 17:14:04 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Try updating the firmware to latest public release 1.02.32

http://beta.humaxonline.co.uk/freeview-hd-t2

| Sun 15 Sep 2013 19:12:16 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Thanks Barry. I'll try that next weekend to see if it works or not.
    But even if it does work I'll be reinstalling 1.02.20 as the SD&HD Audio Description on 1.02.32 has a bug.

My suspicion is that it is not 1.02.20 that is at fault. When 1.02.29 came out and the Internet Radio app was switched back on there was at least 1 report on hummy.tv that 1.02.20 Internet Radio worked.

| Sun 15 Sep 2013 19:25:20 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

As a follow-up ...
    The Internet Radio is now working on my HDR-FOX-T2. I did absolutely nothing to fix it and the HDR-FOX-T2 software is still on 1.02.20.

| Thu 19 Sep 2013 13:58:14 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

The Internet Radio feature has stopped working on at least my HDR-FOX-T2 and HD-FOX-T2.
    It is the same symptoms as before. When I select Internet Radio th eloading symbol is displayed then it just stays on the Portal home page.

I would be grateful if anyone could answer my original question.
    I.e.

Is there an issue with Internet Radio on the HDR-FOX-T2 today?

To kick start my HDR-FOX-T2 from my end my attempts have included:
    Loaded software 1.02.32 (iPlayer works but not Internet Radio);
    Loaded software 1.03.06 (iPlayer works but not Internet Radio);
    Loaded software 1.02.20 and reset (iPlayer works but not Internet Radio);
    Loaded software 1.02.32 and reset (iPlayer works but not Internet Radio);
    Loaded software 1.03.06 and reset (iPlayer works but not Internet Radio);
    Loaded software 1.01.09 and reset;
    Loaded software 1.02.20 and reset (iPlayer works but not Internet Radio);
    Deleted cookie and DRM data.

On 1.03.06 there was a slight different response after selecting Internet Radio. As with the 1.02 versions nothing appeared to happen after selecting Internet Radio. After the failed Internet Radio launch navigating to another app was very slow on 1.03.06 only. Reloading the portal home page speeded things up again.

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 15:41:29 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

initially I couldn't get portal to work, but then I have been playing with the external drive on the HDFoxT2 recently.
    re-installed custom portal, rebooted, and I can browse to a particular radio staion, but no sound, it's stuck on 'loading...'

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 16:05:22 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

sorry,
    school boy error, although tv sound okay through tv and amp, I had the humax volume control turned down to 0, internet radio works okay.

HDFoxT2 using latest official firmware and latest CF for that box, did however re-install custom portal and rebooted.
    Might be worth you uninstalling the custom portal and re-installing it?

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 16:16:47 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

Damian, many thanks for your reply.
    I now know that Internet Radio can currently work on the HD-FOX T2.

I've switched my attention to my HD-FOX T2 instead of my HDR-FOX T2 now that you have told me that your Internet Radio is working. Before you replied I did not know whether or not I was flogging a dead horse.

BTW. I do not use CF. My reset of cookies and DRM data was done via the Humax menus and not cf.

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 18:26:22 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Luke

special member

I am still having no luck with Internet Radio after doing the following with my HD-FOX T2:
    . Reset
    . Delete cookies and DRM data
    . Load 01.02.29
    . Reset

Youtube and iPlayer are still working but Internet Radio just shows the loading symbol for one second and then stays on the Humax portal's TV APPS home page.

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 18:27:09 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

damian

special member

Hi Luke,

just looked at the HDR, very similar to the HD

accessed portal, clicked on Internet R...

could browse to country and pick station, screen stuck on Loading... and no sound, displayed correct info.

searched and found a station, same thing stuck on Loading...

added station to favourites, couldn't back or exit so rebooted,

went back in and found and played favourite station (ffn) with no problems.

what have I learned, both HD/R could browse and stuck on Loading... initially. On the HD portal I had to agree to terms and conditions, which I didn't need to do on the HDR.

I've been listening to einsLive on the HD in the background since my earlier post this afternoon with no problems. Currently got ffn on the HDR in the front room, not too sure what to suggest apart from maybe putting CF on one of the boxes, I'd suggest HD.
    HDR is running latest unavailble software with the ever so slow EPG (which I would google if I knew what google meant).

Can't think of anything else, don't know enough about streaming radio so can't see your router blocking internet radio and allowing iplayer.

It is working though so a configuration/tweaking problem somewhere at your end.

| Thu 24 Oct 2013 19:06:23 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.