My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HDR

iPlayer Hangs Whilst Loading

(23 posts)
  1. Godzilla

Godzilla

For the last few days I have been unable to access BBC iPlayer from my Foxsat HDR boxes (I have two). ITV Player loads and works fine, but BBC iPlayer (Channel 901) displays the "Press Red" screen then, on pressing Red Button, just displays a blank screen. I can get out of it just by pressing Channel Up or Down, so it's not actually freezing the box. I have checked the broadband connection and have managed to get iPlayer on my PC, so the service itself is not down.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Keith

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 13:22:23 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

Same on my Foxsat-hdr.

| Sat 29 Mar 2014 13:48:44 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

Working OK on my Foxsat HDR.

| Sun 30 Mar 2014 15:07:08 #3 |
  4. Godzilla

Godzilla

Thanks for trying it out. I guess it must be something specific since it works for Gomezz but not for Graham or me. I'll keep investigating.

| Sun 30 Mar 2014 16:14:22 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

malcolmchisholm

Mine has started doing the same; hangs on loading iPlayer, but ITV player works fine.

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 0:02:02 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

mike168

I also have had this problem for about the last week. As in the above cases the itv player still works and I have tried both static and DHCP addresses without resolving the issue.

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 9:54:52 #6 |
  7. gomezz

gomezz

special member

This pm it failed to load on BBC News HD but worked on BBC Parliament. Could be just a coincidence and they are fiddling with it to fix reported problems across a range of devices, breaking it in other ways as they go.

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 13:50:55 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

rod

I've had exactly the same problem recently. Sometimes OK during the day but during the past two weeks it rarely completes loading in the evening - which is mainly when we and other folk, I guess, tend to use 'catch up TV'. Once I was very impressed with iplayer: not so sure now or is it a problem with Humax?

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 18:10:38 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

mike168

This issue seems to have been resolved.

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 16:51:58 #9 |
  10. Godzilla

Godzilla

Mike

I got all excited when I saw your post and am very pleased your problem is fixed. Unfortunately mine is still not loading. In fact ITV Player is now showing the same problem on mine. However, today I had to report a BT line fault, because my broadband has slowed down due to a noisy line, so that could have affected it. I'll keep monitoring and post if and when mine is resolved.
    Keith

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 17:12:04 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.