My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » FOXSAT HD

Iplayer has stopped loading, was fine.

(4 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandtonman

I am currently overseas and using a dedicated Foxsat HD STB at my UK residence with a Slingbox Solo to remotely view UK TV.

It has always worked fine; as did the BBC and ITV on-board players.

Just recently, the BBC Iplayer (channel 901) still displays "press red" and when I do press red, it displays "loading" then only a back screen forever. The player never loads. If I press exit from the black screen, it reverts to the "press red" screen; so the box has not hung.

The ITV player still works fine. So it's not an internet connection issue.

I can also power cycle my router and the STB remotely from anywhere by sending a text message to a bespoke SMS controller. So, I have rebooted. No difference.

Any ideas? It looks like a specific issue with the iPlayer with the Foxsat HD as that's the only function not currently working?

| Sun 6 Apr 2014 12:33:34 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

See this thread

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/iplayer-hangs-whilst-loading

| Sun 6 Apr 2014 12:40:44 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

Sandtonman

Thanks, Graham; I missed the other thread.
    Remote reboot, then rescanning the Network fixed the problem.
    iPlayer now loads fine.
    Cheers, K.

| Sun 6 Apr 2014 14:35:54 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Hudson

Hello all - I've had the problem intermittently for weeks (during a change of broadband provider and 3 different routers). I'm not able to load either iPlayer or ITV Player - both recognise a connection and ask me to press red but when I do, they both hang at 'loading'. I've restarted, left the machine off for over an hour and then rescanned the channels but no change. I will leave it off overnight and then restart and scan and try again but I wanted to check - am I missing anything? Thanks!

| Wed 23 Apr 2014 21:40:38 #4 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.