My Humax Forum » Freesat HD » HDR 1000, 1010, 1100S

iPlayer question

(7 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Although the recent weekend's Grand Prix was shown as available on the humax iPlayer, it wouldnt play (buffer wheel spun a few times the iPlayer said 'no'). However it did play on my PC. Why a difference?

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 17:01:02 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

The HD and SD versions works fine on my HDR1000S

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 17:16:40 #2 |
  3. gomezz

gomezz

special member

It seems to be hit and miss which suggests to me server connect problems at their end.

| Mon 31 Mar 2014 17:31:40 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

This happened a few times with the Grand Prix last year too. Is a pain as although it works on the PC it's a bit jerky, and watching car stutter along for 90 mins isnt as good.

| Tue 1 Apr 2014 12:27:54 #4 |
  5. User has not uploaded an avatar

catinaz

I had no problem watching it on my HB-1000s.
    What actual internet download and streaming speeds you get, when testing here? If it's less than 2Mb (2000kbps), that could be the cause. Since "recommended" down speed should be "at least" 2Mb. And if your box detecting less, it might just not bother to start playing without telling you why.

| Wed 2 Apr 2014 15:52:07 #5 |
  6. User has not uploaded an avatar

evtilsley

Catinaz.. I'm on fibre.. FAST

All other broadcasts I tried that evening on iPlayer were fine.. even the 'post GP' show was playing OK, just the race itself would play. I cant recall the exact wording but sentiment was 'program not available try later' type of thing.

| Thu 3 Apr 2014 14:59:05 #6 |
  7. User has not uploaded an avatar

catinaz

Catinaz.. I'm on fibre.. FAST

All other broadcasts I tried that evening on iPlayer were fine.. even the 'post GP' show was playing OK

In this case only explanation I could think of is that the problem was at "their" (BBC) end, what ever it was. Don't think there is anything wrong with your box (iPlayer). Now, that you've mentioned, I remember couple of times in, the past, watching something on iPlayer (PC) in HD and half way got "insufficient bandwidth" message. Even though I am on virgin 20Mb fiber as well.

| Thu 3 Apr 2014 17:16:56 #7 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.