My Humax Forum » WELCOME to the forums!

IR over HDMI not working with HDR-1000S

(2 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

davek

Hi. My set-up is fairly basic, with a new HDR-1000S below a Panasonic Viera TV in the sitting room on 1 metres HDMI cable, and a LG Smart TV in the kitchen behind the wall on 3 metres of HDMI cable.

I am using a USB-powered simple 1-in 2-out splitter which issues a beautiful picture to both TVs from the HDR-1000S.

I have been trying to set up IR over HDMI to command the HDR-1000S from the kitchen but there does not seem to be an IR signal going through to the emitter at the Humax end. I have disabled the CEC Simplilink on the LG TV, and also disabled the CEC Viera Link on the Panasonic just in case that is affecting it.

I have also tried disconnecting both the Panasonic and the splitter, and using the IR receiver/transmitter plugs & dongles alone between the Humax and the kitchen LG TV. Nothing. I checked for presence of IR using the camera in a smartphone. Nothing.

I am coming to the conclusion that the SAC IR Infra-red Extender Over HDMI kit must be a dead one. These extenders seem fairly common, so I thought that I had better ask if anyone thinks that I have missed something or if there is something unusual about the HDR-1000S which causes a problem?

If there is a better way than just trying another IR Extender Over HDMI kit then does anyone have any (economic) suggestions? (I can put cable through the wall alongside the 3m HDMI so that's no problem and I have plenty of Cat 5, and left-over magic eyes from the old Digibox distribution, but clearly there's a need for IR transmission to the Humax sensor so there's a need for an emitter.) The IR Extender Over HDMI seemed such a neat solution....

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 19:20:31 #1 |
  2. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

If you have a smart phone or tablet use the remote scheduling app. No need to pair just to use it as a wireless remote control.

| Wed 21 Jan 2015 21:01:13 #2 |

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.