My Humax Forum » Freeview HD » HDR FOX T2

Is YouTube working on TV Portal ?

(14 posts)
  1. User has not uploaded an avatar

LondonBeaver

Hi Everyone,

I have just upgraded to 1.02.20 and while YouTube loads and I can use "search" to find what I am looking for, when selected it doesn't play

Pushing the play button on the remote doesn't do anything, not do > or <, "red" doesn't work (resolution options) and selecting "Full Screen" doesn't work either.

When on the YouTube front screen the "red" button works to show the weeks top favorites.It just seems the play page is broken - for me at least.

I have downloaded again and reinstalled - same result. I have an HDR and that is the file I downloaded - checked the obvious things.

Are other people getting any joy ? Is the Portal actually working at the moment for YouTube ? iPlayer, Wiki, Fickr (for what is worth) are ok.

Paul

| Sat 6 Aug 2011 12:48:53 #1 |
  2. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Welcome to the Forum

Was notified yesterday that You Tube was not working, waiting for someone to spot it.

You Tube made some url changes earlier this week, Monday is the earliest that Humax engineers can fix the problem.

| Sat 6 Aug 2011 16:06:13 #2 |
  3. User has not uploaded an avatar

LondonBeaver

Hi Barry,

Happy to be here. Some useful links - I like the hacking links in the wiki - this box could be very useful.

Thanks for the YouTube update - before I started poking round my self ! Hopefully Humax engineers can sort this quickly - handy to have this - save getting off the sofa and going to the PC That way I get to watch on the big screen on the wall.

Paul

| Sat 6 Aug 2011 17:13:19 #3 |
  4. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

I purchased a HDR FOX T2 last week and when powered up was running software FHTCP 1.02.07.
    When trying the Internet portal "YouTube" a flag popped up telling me to upgrade to latest software FHTCP 1.02.20.
    This I did last Friday and found all features on the TV Portal worked OK except for "YouTube" (problems were exactly as described in earliest post).
    I also have a Sony TV with I/P access in another room and (Not associated with the Humax) It works fine on all of the features offered including "YouTube"
    How can it be that it works on one but not on the Humax.
    Do the different products address different Portals of the same feature? IE "YouTube" has specilised Internet addresses for say Sony another for Panasonic and Humax etc?
    Hope the fix is as stated on the Internet and NOT lurking about in the design of the product software.

| Mon 8 Aug 2011 6:50:08 #4 |
  5. Wallace

Wallace

special member

IIRC the Humax does not 'go to the You Tube' web site directly but via the Humax portal. Something has changed at You Tube's end and as a consequence, the portal needs 'tweaking'. I read somewhere that it should be fixed today.

HIH

PS. The 'tweak' is on the portal. No customer involvement so no new update to worry about.

| Mon 8 Aug 2011 7:14:53 #5 |
  6. Barry

Barry

senior admin

Not carried out a full test, only had a brief play, but content I have tried is playing back ok again.

| Mon 8 Aug 2011 10:05:24 #6 |
  7. grahamlthompson

grahamlthompson

special member

By a coincidence I just did the same and was about to post it appears to be working fine.

| Mon 8 Aug 2011 10:21:21 #7 |
  8. User has not uploaded an avatar

LondonBeaver

Yes is working OK for me - play, forward, back, full screen and resolution are all active now.

Might be useful to have a "service status" display on the TV Portal which displays any known issues.

Paul

| Mon 8 Aug 2011 14:24:06 #8 |
  9. User has not uploaded an avatar

Notts Humax Man

Great it's working OK on mine as well.
    Thanks to all.
    John

| Mon 8 Aug 2011 18:18:26 #9 |
  10. User has not uploaded an avatar

mr_leonkennedy

Can someone use the search GaGa and try and play one of her videos because I am still having issues on certain videos like the one's at the beginning of the post, other content works though. So I feel the issue is not entirely fixed.

| Sun 14 Aug 2011 8:50:37 #10 |

RSS feed for this topic

Reply »

You must log in to post.